Why try to be a hero?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Racing roadkill
My first thought was that he was on a Strava segment mission...
Yep, that wouldn't surprise me, there are quite a few odd segments round there.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
Don't get me wrong, I use it to create routes for my cycle buddy types to use, and it's very good for giving you a fairly accurate calorie burn, which is useful if you do the mileage a I've been doing of late, and you don't want to end up looking like a POW camp inmate. I can't be bothered with the whole segment chasing thing, too much like cockery for my liking. Anyway I'm at the 60 mile mark at the moment, having a coffee:thumbsup:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Nope, it definitely wasn't that. I don't mind that, if those ones come past, they don't break their arse to try and prevent you re passing them. This one was definitely a douche.
In which just sit on his arse, smiling encouragingly everytime he looks behind ...l until you choose your moment suitably refreshed from taking it easy up the hill, pass him and Thank him for the tow as you disappear into the distance :evil:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I had a car driver do it to me yesterday. Now that was REALLY annoying!

He accelerated hard to pass, pulled straight back in front of me, and then braked hard to a stop.

I swerved round the car, slowed down as I passed the driver and gave him the Black Stare of Death, while slowly shaking my head from side to side. At least he had the decency to look pretty embarrassed! ***

*** And not be 6' 6" tall, weigh 300 pounds, carry a knife, or have psychotic killer tendencies! :laugh:

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
It's a deep seated unconscious sexual inadequacy, the desire to 'dominate' others. Just make a willy sign with your little finger and overtake him back.

In which just sit on his arse, smiling encouragingly everytime he looks behind ...l until you choose your moment suitably refreshed from taking it easy up the hill, pass him and Thank him for the tow as you disappear into the distance :evil:

You missed out adding "hop on" as you pass, indicating your rear wheel, whilst pushing that right amount that they try to get there, but never make it...

Moodyman

Legendary Member
A new cyclist full of Spring enthusiasm overtakes you and runs out of puff.

Hardly worth whinging about is it.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I had a guy wheel suck me so close today that as i turned my head to check for cars i nearly kissed him ! Is it rude to tell a stranger thats that close to do one ?
I dont really care if domeone is getting a lift if they hang back a bit but this fella was over lapping my new tubs !

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
I had a guy wheel suck me so close today that as i turned my head to check for cars i nearly kissed him ! Is it rude to tell a stranger thats that close to do one ?
I dont really care if domeone is getting a lift if they hang back a bit but this fella was over lapping my new tubs !
That's exactly it, it's bloody dangerous.

Top Bottom