Why would you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slow scot

Veteran
Oops, sorry! It's all my fault. Please get your maintenance people to cut the locks and send it to:
Slow Scot
GPO
Aberdeen.
I'll refund postage on receipt.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Surely there'll be a fragment of fabric caught in the chain stay with a blood stain identifying the owner by DNA....

My money's on the Marketing Director who, leaving the bike at work [carefully wiped down for prints as he once got collared for jaywalking on Oxford Road while out drinking with student mates in Manchester in 1982], took a train to Blackpool, leaving his clothes neatly folded on the beach just above the high tide line... he's started a new life free of the worries of the commercial pressures of digital burn-out. His only lasting regret is leaving that bike- he always meant to retrieve his bike and get the rear mudguard fixed but it would've left a credit card trail back to Warrington, where he's a night mortuary porter at the Warringtion and Halton Hospital.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just an update to this.

The mystery bike mysteriously disappeared a few weeks ago, a week or two after I started making comments to some of my colleagues. Nobody knew who's it was but maybe word got back to the owner? Pretty sure it hasn't been wrongly liberated as it looks like the same lock is still locked to the racks. Keeping my eyes open for it to return in active duty.

Top Bottom