Why wouldn't you wear a helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Licramite

Licramite

Über Member
Risk compensation?
No its was because I thought - this going to hurt - (not so much scarred but anticipating pain)
and I can assure you wearing a helmet didn't make me feel any braver

It wasnt me who provided the stats it was you. Are you suggesting more people cycle than climb stairs ?

Totally untrue.... Go back and actually read your post (341)

MY claim is clear that the time spent on stairs is less than cyling

The claim that people spend more time on stairs is entirely YOUR claim, and not mine......

Claiming that I posted this statistic is a lie

But if it helps you to evade answering why people shouldn't wear helmets and prevent head injuries on stairs, carry on lying

doog

No that is a completely artificial construct. No one is telling anyone not to wear a helmet. No one has ever attempted to introduce legislation outlawing the wearing of helmet. The compulsion stuff all comes from one side, and it is not this side. Wear your helmet all you want, just stop ramming it down my throat and accept that the inconsistencies are there to question.

My reply was based on the charmer telling me to wear my plastic hat and shut the fu ck up...nothing else. Read the post again...:okay:

Its all one way traffic on here ^_^

doog

Totally untrue.... Go back and actually read your post (341)

The claim that people spend more time on stairs is entirely YOUR claim, and not mine......

Claiming that I posted this statistic is a lie

But if it helps you to evade answering why people shouldn't wear helmets and prevent head injuries on stairs, carry on lying

You said less people spend time climbing stairs than cycling......how can you even pretend to prove your nonsensical statistics. No one has ever measured how many of the population climb stairs and at what intervals and no one has ever measured how many miles people cycle...

its clap trap

doog

Which is entirely in agreement.

More people will suffer head injuries forms falls on stairs than cycling yet time on stairs is less tnan that spent cycling

Now all you have to do is explain why the cyclist (at less risk) needs to wear a helmet, yet the person on the stairs does not

just for you Sherlock...

martint235

Dog on a bike
dunno, whats a veteran ?
"a person who has had long service or experience in a particular occupation or field".

Now uber, unless you're actually speaking a Germanic language tends to have some negative connotations largely due to its inclusion in "Deutschland Uber Alles" I suppose but we could I suppose assume it means superior or supreme. Member has many connotations.

doog

"a person who has had long service or experience in a particular occupation or field".

Now uber, unless you're actually speaking a Germanic language tends to have some negative connotations largely due to its inclusion in "Deutschland Uber Alles" I suppose but we could I suppose assume it means superior or supreme. Member has many connotations.

its done by the forum, dependent on your post count...nowt to do with me (sorry to piss on your fireworks)

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Can't quote properly using my 'phone. So in other words the stats can't be analysed and the conclusions are conjecture. 99% of the admissions could be from car crashes with the other 1% being accidents at work or home.
Would you be content to use unanalysed total accident data to argue implementation of safety measures on trains and planes?

While it is true that *an individual* might spend more time cycling per day than using the stairs, I imagine pretty much everyone in the US uses stairs at some point every day. However, I doubt more than 1-2% (generously) of US citizens use a bike every day.

In 2008, 716 cyclists died on the roads of the United States. It's quite a death toll - it would of course be better if there were fewer. However, by comparison, 12000 people die each year on stairs in the same country.

doog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom