Whyte Stirling overhaul

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Most people will prefer to use SRAM chains (with a quick link) rather than a Shimano chain (with a pin to push in to join).

OP
OP
A

ashley348

I'm giving up waiting for my Shimano cassette, it seems there's a never ending wait. Are any of the Chinese brands ok, or is it all junk? Cheers

Ajax Bay

Guru
You're after 10 speed cassette, don't know what range (eg 11-32). Nearly all other makes (except Campagnolo) are entirely compatible with your derailleur/chain, for example SRAM.

OP
OP
A

ashley348

OK I'm all sorted, thanks again guy's for the advice. I must also recognise my arrogance in not changing the cassette originally. I bought a Shimano CS-HG81-10 from my local shop in the end. Very good place, they're very kind in giving advice, even if they've not got the item in stock. It was only £3 more than Ebay, although I've got to go back, they undercharged me by £10.

The bike changes gear perfectly, as a bonus the new cassettes also lighter! Cheers

OP
OP
A

ashley348

Unfortunately I suffered from an odd puncture last night, the Slime Tube didn't do anything!!! (Won't be making that mistake again!) Could anyone advise me on a good tube? Plus I'm not sure on the size, it's a 700x380. Cheers

OP
OP
A

ashley348

I'm still stumped with the whole sizing thing.

Attachments

• 20210602_202508.jpg
    20210602_202508.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 6

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm still stumped with the whole sizing thing.
It's a 700c tyre, 38mm wide...presumably a presta valve? Skinny brass coloured, with the little bit you unscrew (as opposed to a fatter one like on a car?)
If so... this will do... https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bi...a-bike-inner-tube---700c-x-28-38c-525342.html or the 28-45c version of this https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bi...schwalbe-presta-inner-tube---700c-251253.html depending on what your local Halfords has in stock (note the stores should price match the website if there's a discrepancy)

Top Bottom