wierdest film you have ever seen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Tetsuo (I hope I wrote it right)... now that was also pretty damn weird. This fella starts sticking bits of metal into his skin until he becomes a god.

Ravenbait

Someone's imaginary friend
You haven't seen weird until you've seen the Cremaster Cycle by Matthew Barney (AKA Mr Bjork, the lucky, lucky bastard...).

Just Google some images of the films to get more confused...

I read the wikipedia entry.

Riiiiiight.

Sam

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Rocky Horror or Pulp Fiction, I suppose.
Although I did have something of a soft spot for Pink Floyd : The Wall when I was a younger TimeLord.

Bigsharn

Veteran
I'm highly surprised The Human Centipede hasn't been mentioned as of yet... Fair enough the lead character is a bit of a psycho, but someone had to come up with him in the first place

the_mikey

Legendary Member
"Irreversible" is weird and disturbing, the film plays out telling the story from the last chapter backwards to the first. It is also horribly graphic and disturbing, not something I'd like to see again, wish I hadn't seen it at all!

Jean Luc Goddards "Eloge De L'amour" is pretty odd, but beautifully filmed, shame you will be wondering what the meaning of it all is for only a short while before giving up.

brokenbetty

Über Member
Un Chien Andalou still out-weirds them all.

The first reviewer on IMDB sums it up "What makes 'Un chien andalou' exciting for me is that it's so replete with imagery that an instinctual human fear of anarchy kicks in and you can't help trying to piece it all together somehow"

Or as my boyfriend just said: "it keeps loading stuff on you til you end up swimming in it, and you keep trying to make sense of it until you realise you can't and then you start to get scared, not by the film but of the film."

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Un Chien Andalou still out-weirds them all.

The first reviewer on IMDB sums it up "What makes 'Un chien andalou' exciting for me is that it's so replete with imagery that an instinctual human fear of anarchy kicks in and you can't help trying to piece it all together somehow"

Or as my boyfriend just said: "it keeps loading stuff on you til you end up swimming in it, and you keep trying to make sense of it until you realise you can't and then you start to get scared, not by the film but of the film."

It certainly beats L'age d'or for not outstaying its welcome too. It's amazing that it's retained its weirdness in many ways, considering how much of it has become part of wider culture. It must have been really shocking when it was first shown...

Chappy

Guru
Dune was on the telly today the 1984 version

It was more weird trying to explain what the hell was going on to everyone else when I didnt get it first time round.

Everyone was hooked though

Top Bottom