wierdest film you have ever seen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Saw is about the weirdest I have seen. Set in a grotty disused public toilet with a guy chained to the wall.

Personally I didnt find it entertaining, just weird but boring.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Saw is about the weirdest I have seen. Set in a grotty disused public toilet with a guy chained to the wall.

Personally I didnt find it entertaining, just weird but boring.

What was that? A plumbing "how to" video that went wrong?

MarkF

Guru
I love odd films, preferably with a minimal, unknown cast, dialogue driven and made for about 62p. I don't like any "blockbuster" films.

"Abel" a Dutch film is a weird one.

Abel is a 31 year old boy who still lives at his parents home. He hasn't been out for over 10 years, much to the chagrin of his father Victor. On the other hand he gets spoiled by his mother Duif. He spends most of his days spying on the neighbours, setting up his parents against each other and fruitlessly trying to cut flies in two with an enormous pair of scissors. His father enlists a psychiatrist who puts the blame on the parents for their difficult relation; summons a mesmerist who gets frustrated by Abel; and tries to match his son to a girl of his dramatic club. After mother and son secretly buy a tv-set father Victor gets furious and turns his son into the streets. Abel meets Zus, who works at a peepshow called "De Naakte Meisjes" (The naked girls). She takes pity on him. Zus has a relation with a married man and Abel finds out this person is no less than his own father. In the mean time his mother finds out his whereabouts and a confrontation takes place at Zus' place.

abel.jpg

Another for Eraserhead here, also the wonderful Werner Herzog's Wild Blue Yonder .....it has a beautiful soundtrack too. Oh yeah & Napoleon Dynamite & Terrorvision I forgot about them. :smile:

Atara

Hmm, I'd say Visitor Q.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visitor_Q?wasRedirected=true

But I like weird

martint235

Dog on a bike
Brain Dead has to be the weirdest film. B list budget Aussie horror. Where the old woman's ear falls off into her custard and she eats it.... then the scene with the guy walking towards the zombies with a flymo!!! Great film....

of the more mainstream one's, Hostel is pretty weird. First Blu Ray film I bought and also the first horror film ever to put me off my food. The bit where the girl's eye is hanging out and the guy cauterizes it with a blow torch. Yuk!!!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Visitor Q, probably. Takashi Miike films in general are pretty weird. Ichi The Killer is one of my favourites. Also, the Dead Or Alive trilogy is great fun.

Oh yes, Visitor Q! That was a hoot and a half!!

I'll throw my hat into the ring with "The Happiness Of The Katakuris" & also the Russian film 'Mars' (I think I may own the only UK copy of that one, though - courtesy of a very kind lady at the Russian distribution company)!

goo_mason

Brain Dead has to be the weirdest film. B list budget Aussie horror. Where the old woman's ear falls off into her custard and she eats it.... then the scene with the guy walking towards the zombies with a flymo!!! Great film....

of the more mainstream one's, Hostel is pretty weird. First Blu Ray film I bought and also the first horror film ever to put me off my food. The bit where the girl's eye is hanging out and the guy cauterizes it with a blow torch. Yuk!!!

Brain Dead is available for free online viewing on LoveFilm if you're a member. Watched it for the first time last week since I originally saw it as a young teen.

goo_mason

"Irreversible" is weird and disturbing, the film plays out telling the story from the last chapter backwards to the first. It is also horribly graphic and disturbing, not something I'd like to see again, wish I hadn't seen it at all!

I love weird, quirky or dark films, but 'Irriversible' was the only film I've had to turn off as I couldn't watch it any more. I got about 2 minutes into the 10 minute rape scene and that was more than enough for me.

Just remembered a much lighter and very weird / quirky film - 'Leningrad Cowboys Go America'. Superb, quiff-tastic comedy with some ace music!

Top Bottom