Wife wants Orange Leather Sofas ! - what should I do ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Have a conversation with her like a grown up?

does that work then,about 20 million men will be scratching their heads at that logic;)

More helpfully ....
, if she wants orange leather sofas, and it presumably matters for the love of your life, whilst not your favoured choice, I'd be going with her preference.
This seems like good advice. I am not gathering that @sheddy has any preference except "not orange".
Eg:
  • I think it's a waste of money, the sofa is fine
  • I'd much prefer indigo/black/fuschia/beige
  • Britain is warming and leather is horrible against warm, sweaty skin
  • I think we should turn the living room into a ballpit.
Those are all reasonable alternatives. "I don't like orange" is just peevish.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Time to recount something similar. Various projects on the flat, and a studiously consulted my GF (now wife) on most design choices, but she was heartilly sick of "DIY" ( strictly speaking done by tradesmen) so when the question of what colour grout for the kitchen tiles came up I just made a decision thinking it a trivial matter . Casually mentioned it later to be met by a horrified "Black Grout, wtf !"

Luckily a theatre trip that evening their bar had black grout which looked OK and all was well. We now have the running gag of "black grout!" if either of us makes a unilateral or questionable choice.

I''ll leave to another day the tale of "the great cable disaster"

Time to recount something similar. Various projects on the flat, and a studiously consulted my GF (now wife) on most design choices, but she was heartilly sick of "DIY" ( strictly speaking done by tradesmen) so when the question of what colour grout for the kitchen tiles came up I just made a decision thinking it a trivial matter . Casually mentioned it later to be met by a horrified "Black Grout, wtf !"

Luckily a theatre trip that evening their bar had black grout which looked OK and all was well. We now have the running gag of "black grout!" if either of us makes a unilateral or questionable choice.

I''ll leave to another day the tale of "the great cable disaster"

You didn't get the electricians to put in pink mains cables behind the drywall did you?

It could be worse it could be purple

74b9143416b3683207cbfff5327c69b3--long-sofa-extra-long.jpg

Just get a doorbell that plays the theme tune to the Adams family if you buy them.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Time to invest in a pair of Raybans.

Top Bottom