Wife wants Orange Leather Sofas ! - what should I do ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
I'm going to ask: why does everyone assume @sheddy's taste is better than his wife's?

My partner's taste is actually better than mine, but across a population, the women know what they are doing.

I think the key word in the OP is ‘orange’ not ‘wife’.

There is nothing in this thread that makes me think that say, if his brother suggested an orange sofa - that would be okay. Or if his wife wanted a brown sofa, that would be wrong.

In short: sofa + orange = wrong.

And I’m incluned to agree...

-make-him-a-mint-list-i-have-a-killer-cornered-on-story-of-my-bright-orange-sectional-sofa-couch.jpg

xx(

Seevio

Guru
Hundreds of colours could be called orange. Some are terrible, some aren't.
While many colours "could" be called orange, the ones which aren't terrible on sofas aren't called orange.

And even ugly orange can work in the right space.
That space being somebody else's house.

Of course we are ignoring the possibility that Mrs Sheddy has discovered a portal to 1970. If this is the case Sheddy should encourage the orange sofa while compiling a comprehensive list of grand national winners and football results from the last 50 years so that he can go back and become a gambling overlord.

Globalti

Legendary Member
There's nothing you can do, just bite your lip, say nothing and wait for her to announce that she thinks it's the wrong shade of orange or it stains too easily or it smells funny and she wants to sell it. It will take six months to a year.

stephec

Legendary Member
I use the interior design app Houzz for ideas.
Download it, put orange sofa into search and look at lots of examples of orange sofas looking amazing.
My sofa is teal with bright yellow cushions. We picked it together
Your cushions helped you pick the sofa, whatever will they think of next? :smile:

Top Bottom