Wiggins down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
No doubt white van man will be after selling his story to the press on how he knocked the TdF winner and Olympic champion off his bike. Maybe he got out of the van and started taking pictures on his phone, like a lot of numpties do when someone is in distress!
On the other hand i hope BW had lights on his bike, and those black Sky jerseys wont help being seen in the dark either!:blink:

No doubt white van man will be after selling his story to the press on how he knocked the TdF winner and Olympic champion off his bike. Maybe he got out of the van and started taking pictures on his phone, like a lot of numpties do when someone is in distress!
On the other hand i hope BW had lights on his bike, and those black Sky jerseys wont help being seen in the dark either!:blink:

One of the press reports seemed to have police-ese for 'she's been taken down the nick'. There must be a good chance that she'll have the book thrown at her for downing a national (not to mention local) icon. Let's hope.

Aye, the Olympics "feelgood" season is definitely over. White van smidsy - what else.

GWS.

Hmmm - Olympians/Paralympians/hopefuls in the last 12 months or so .......... Simon Richardson, Rachel Morris, and now Bradley Wiggins.

Keith Oates

Janner
Bad news indeed, I hope he gets over it quickly and that it doesn't cause too much disruption to his training programme for next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
It was at 6 pm according to one of the reports I read so I would expect him to have lights on the bike. And looking at the road it was on, I wouldn't be happy being on it without lights!

PaulB

Legendary Member
No doubt white van man will be after selling his story to the press on how he knocked the TdF winner and Olympic champion off his bike.

He'll have a problem seeing as how he was a woman and in an Astra. And that garage is right opposite Wrightington General where orthopaedic surgery was elevated to a new level of competence so it wouldn't surprise me to see that's where he was being treated. If so, he's in the best place and wouldn't have far to have travelled.

OP
OP
endoman

endoman

Strange junction where it happened, 2 ways to get off the forecourt onto two different roads. He'll know it well though.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
He'll have a problem seeing as how he was a woman and in an Astra. And that garage is right opposite Wrightington General where orthopaedic surgery was elevated to a new level of competence so it wouldn't surprise me to see that's where he was being treated. If so, he's in the best place and wouldn't have far to have travelled.
From the Guardian article:

A garage attendant, Yasmin Smith, who rushed to the champion's aid, was quoted as saying: "By the time I got there he had moved to a safer place but was still on the ground and he was in a lot of pain.
"He said he thought he had broken his ribs and, while a lot of police cars arrived, it was about 15 minutes before the ambulance got there by which time he was blue."

He may end up being treated there but, as it took 15 mins for the ambulance, it sounds like he would have been taken to A&E at a more distant hospital.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Radio 5 live a few minutes ago:
"Bradley Wiggins .......when he collided with an astra........." FFS :thumbsdown:
That was the wording used on BBC Bristol radio this morning too - perhaps they have decided it is the way accidents should be officially reported.

kedab

Veteran
get well soon bradders! let's hope she can never ever afford to insure another motor vehicle again eh...pulled out on by a van exiting a petrol station? SMIDSY :cursing:

beastie

Guru
get well soon bradders! let's hope she can never ever afford to insure another motor vehicle again eh...pulled out on by a van exiting a petrol station? SMIDSY :cursing:

You are assuming the driver is at fault, or do you know more about the incident?

Top Bottom