Wiggle at it again! :cursing:

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
There have been a few stories about poor service over the summer, here's mine.

Ordered some bits on 3rd
1602711621201.png

Really need the brake adapter, chain is just for stock and to get the free delivery. After apparently being with the courier (Hermes :rolleyes:) since 6th, today they cancel and refund the order, citing 'delivery issues'

'Your order, XXXXXXXX has been received back at our warehouse due to a failed delivery. We are currently investigating the cause of this to understand why the delivery failed. This could have been caused due to issues within the courier network or issues with the address details provided. We have processed a full refund back to your original payment method which will take 3-5 days to clear, depending on your bank’s processing speed. We would appreciate it if you could re-order at your earliest convenience, ensuring that all delivery details are correct. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.'

Lying barstewards! Address details are perfect, their original email confirms it. They never sent the order because either they underpriced the chain or they can't get it?

Mysteriously both items are back in my shopping basket ready for me to re-order at my earliest convenience, except the chain is now £35 :eek:. I don't think so....

1602712341457.png

I will think long and hard before I order from Wiggle again.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I jumped on looking for prices on a zwift turbo and got faced with a load of marketing nonsense.

farked it off pronto.

gcogger

'Your order, XXXXXXXX has been received back at our warehouse due to a failed delivery. We are currently investigating the cause of this to understand why the delivery failed. This could have been caused due to issues within the courier network or issues with the address details provided. We have processed a full refund back to your original payment method which will take 3-5 days to clear, depending on your bank’s processing speed. We would appreciate it if you could re-order at your earliest convenience, ensuring that all delivery details are correct. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.'

Lying barstewards! Address details are perfect, their original email confirms it. They never sent the order because either they underpriced the chain or they can't get it?
While the price increase is annoying (I'd contact them and see what they say about it), I'm not sure how you conclude they're lying? They say "This could have been caused due to issues within the courier network or issues with the address details provided", which seems fair given that all they know is that the delivery failed. Since it's Hermes, I'd assume the first option! If you contact them and they refuse to honour the original price, I'd say you have reason to complain.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I think they could also have dodgy punters working in their warehouse! I ordered two not inexpensive ISM saddles. Parcel arrived quite quickly. One of the saddles was as ordered.....the other was an old Giant saddle that was obviously very well used and had scrapes and slight rusting on the rails but was attached to the proper ISM saddle backing cardboard. Extremely fishy in my eyes?

vickster

Legendary Member
I’ve not used Wiggle much, although I do use CRC a fair amount (Wiggle most recently for some Assos shorts that were cheaper at that point than CRC!). Think there was Haribo too (£63 pair of shorts)

I’d be blaming Hermes here rather than Wiggle!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I actually got Haribo on my recent order, but not the one before that. That price for the KMC is stupid. I use click and collect now with Wiggle as it's faster than normal postal delivery, and it's fully tracked.

I couldn't get the 10 speed KMC chain in silver from Wiggle - ended up ordering 2 SRAMS.

Drago

Legendary Member
Im not a fan of their customer service.

I bought a bike from them, and when it arrived it wasn't the spec advertised. I messeged them and asked them to send me the parts to make it to the advertised spec.

They declined.

So they think its ok to misrepresent a bicycles spec (ok, that itself was likely an error) and then do nothing when this is brought their attention?

Fine, I told them to screw it and come and take their bike away and I would do a CC chargeback. They suddenly relented and sent the parts without demur.

Why can they simply not do the right thing when an error is brought to their attention? Why do they wait until the customer has thrratened to pull the plug on any profit at all before they do the decent thing?

I simply voted with my wallet after that, never use them again. Errors and oversights occur, and I can live with that when companies do right by their cusotmers, but companies who dig their heels in until leaned upon can kiss my hairy arriss.

Veloscot

Über Member
I've been chasing Wiggle endlessly for a whole month after placing my order with them (over £50) for which I paid an extra fiver for next-day delivery and have still not yet received my order. Hermes have the consignment stuck in their system which hasn't moved for weeks. When I contact Hermes, they just refer me to Wiggle. When I email Wiggle, they refer me to their shipping team who in turn just refer me to Hermes! And so the endless cycle continues.... (sorry, bad pun). I used to like Wiggle but their customer support and choice of courier sucks, so I won't be shopping with them again.

vickster

Legendary Member
I've been chasing Wiggle endlessly for a whole month after placing my order with them (over £50) for which I paid an extra fiver for next-day delivery and have still not yet received my order. Hermes have the consignment stuck in their system which hasn't moved for weeks. When I contact Hermes, they just refer me to Wiggle. When I email Wiggle, they refer me to their shipping team who in turn just refer me to Hermes! And so the endless cycle continues.... (sorry, bad pun). I used to like Wiggle but their customer support and choice of courier sucks, so I won't be shopping with them again.
Just do a chargeback on your credit card?

Top Bottom