Wiggle at it again! :cursing:

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dangnabbit. No Haribo today ! Also a neighbour brought it over despite Hermes telling me it was delivered to me and someone was in all day.

Still I had a 25% discount so I will live without Haribo.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Just ordered a next day delivery with Chain Reaction - hopefully it'll get here as it's an urgent item that only they've got.

If not I'll not just be cross ... :whistle:

SirDickieBird

Wiggle = cheap and quick so many use it.
However, knowledge when after advice / support isn't great.

I use SJS cycles for many specific parts and their customer service is excellent but you have to wait a bit longer for delivery and prices are a few quid more often.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Wiggle/CRC are not as good value as they used to be and their customer service has declined a lot in my experience even just over the last couple of years. The last time I placed an order with CRC, those complete idiots at Hermes managed to lose my parcel, after messing me around for at least a couple of weeks telling me it was in their depot. It then took CRC more than another week to issue a refund. Essentially I got messed around for a month from the date I placed my order, to the time I got my money back. All they had to do was re-send the whole order when it was all back in stock, rather than refund it, but some of the prices had gone up as the order was placed to take advantage of some special offers. With Hermes, I find that if a package is small enough to go through a letterbox they are no worse than anyone else, but if the parcel is bulky they are hopeless, as are Yodel also. .

Last edited:

e-rider

crappy member
There have been a few stories about poor service over the summer, here's mine.

Ordered some bits on 3rd
View attachment 552505

Really need the brake adapter, chain is just for stock and to get the free delivery. After apparently being with the courier (Hermes :rolleyes:) since 6th, today they cancel and refund the order, citing 'delivery issues'

'Your order, XXXXXXXX has been received back at our warehouse due to a failed delivery. We are currently investigating the cause of this to understand why the delivery failed. This could have been caused due to issues within the courier network or issues with the address details provided. We have processed a full refund back to your original payment method which will take 3-5 days to clear, depending on your bank’s processing speed. We would appreciate it if you could re-order at your earliest convenience, ensuring that all delivery details are correct. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.'

Lying barstewards! Address details are perfect, their original email confirms it. They never sent the order because either they underpriced the chain or they can't get it?

Mysteriously both items are back in my shopping basket ready for me to re-order at my earliest convenience, except the chain is now £35 :eek:. I don't think so....

View attachment 552507

I will think long and hard before I order from Wiggle again.
Very similar happened to me TWICE - I got a very similar email too somehow blaming me for a dodgy delivery address which was BS - and on one occasion the price of what I ordered had increased significantly when I was offered it again, and on the other occasion it was no longer available.
It now takes them 5 days to respond to emails and then they just ask to confirm your details otherwise they cant help which buys them a few more days - jokers

I did have an odd incident with their companions chainreaction a while ago. I ordered two Endura 3/4 tights at a very good price to be delivered to the local petrol station - a click and collect point of theirs.
The "system" said that the courier had attempted to deliver there but found it closed.
A 24 hour petrol station!
I checked with the petrol station and they confirmed that of course they hadn't been closed/put out the lights/gone for a walk.
Then they did claim to have delivered it but the very helpful staff at the petrol station couldn't find it. And they tried twice.
Clearly some serious bullshit/lying going on.
Since I had had so much of my time wasted and still didn't have the items I said that I wanted ChainReaction to get to the bottom of this series of porkies but they refused to grill the couriers and give me their joint tale. And of course it was pretty much impossible for me to speak to the couriers. Chain Reaction suggested I re-order but, yes, the price had shot up.
They did however agree to the original price on the re-order - maybe the little bear is scarier than I thought.
So it all worked out but only after a hell of a lot of trouble on my part and some serious bullshitting which no-one cared to explain. In fact refused to.

Top Bottom