Wiggle down the pan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
I've been a good Wiggle customer since 2004/05. In that time I've seen prices rise and standards fall. However, they still seemed better than the rest so I continued to use them. Over the past 6 months though they have hit new lows. One order contained a box with a used random part inside - the box was correct but inside was someones secondhand item that didn't even match what should be in the box. Not even a sorry from Wiggle. Next order they sent me the wrong item which I had ordered specifically for an event (i.e. they didn't send me what I had ordered). Oh well, had to buy elsewhere to get in time, but sent it back for exchange for correct item - 2.5 weeks later I chased it up and all I got was standard text saying that returns can take 14 days to be processed. WTF!
I have started to look at other online shops but many have shut down and the ones still going seem to have scaled back their operations and don't seem to offer much choice/good prices. I guess this is what happens when companies get too big and have too much market share, and unfortunately I contributed to it in a small way! I am now supporting the small fish as much as possible.

KneesUp

Guru
... I got was standard text saying that returns can take 14 days to be processed. WTF!
To be fair it sounds like they have to allow time to send your return to another customer and then get it back again :smile:

nickAKA

Über Member
Merlin is on one of my regular routes from work so I use them quite a lot - a smaller inventory than wiggle but largely very competitive on pricing & decent online order service (pretty faithful to 48 hours).
I've never had any real issue with wiggle but they are growing very quickly, customer service is normally the first thing to suffer when the staff start getting stretched.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Never had any major problem with Wiggle, although they have become somewhat annoying with stock levels and pricing, especially when playing themselves against Chain Reaction Cycles, as if they were still two separate entities.

I've used Merlin for a lot of things for some time. I have had two sets of off the shelf wheel-sets from there and have had two sets built. Bought two sets of brakes as well.

Used Planet X / On One for a few bargains too, including a frame

I've used Tredz a few times lately and Evans too. Also used BLB, Rutland and SJS cycles

All with no problems

Last edited:

nickAKA

Über Member
Never had any major problem with Wiggle, although they have become somewhat annoying with stock levels and pricing, especially when playing themselves against Chain Reaction Cycles, as if they were still two separate entities.

I've used Merlin for a lot of things for some time. I have had two sets of off the shelf wheel-sets from there and have had two sets built. Bought two sets of brakes as well.

Used Planet X / On One for a few bargains too, including a frame

I've used Tredz a few times lately and Evans too. Also used BLB, Rutland and SJS cycles

All with no problems

My recent experiences with Evans have probably been the most disappointing of all of those tbh - I'll even throw Halfords into the mix here. It all seems to come down to stocking levels and in store, the staff training. Very little enthusiasm from the staff at the velodrome in Manchester last time I went in, so much so that it's unlikely I'll be going back there again.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
HELL of a lot of TV advertising for them since the classics & grand tours started... pretty cool adverts too... the swines...

There is an essential ingredient in that mix you mention that I do not own, which is why their brand recognition does not exist in my world.

@numbnuts may understand my prehistoric dilemma.

Do I put a pound in the pot even though I didn’t actually say what I’m not allowed to say?

nickAKA

Über Member
There is an essential ingredient in that mix you mention that I do not own, which is why their brand recognition does not exist in my world.

@numbnuts may understand my prehistoric dilemma.

Do I put a pound in the pot even though I didn’t actually say what I’m not allowed to say?

It's OK, I don't think anyone else is reading this and they can't lock you up for what you're thinking (yet)

lazyfatgit

Of all the online retailers I’ve used, Wiggle have been the most pain free. When I ordered something on special and it transpired the item wasn’t actually available they honoured the price and despatched when new stock was available.

Sending a faulty set of wheels back to Probikekit was an absolute disaster and I never received full refund for return shipping.

Any major items I now buy from Australian based vendors.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
These outfits are experiencing a severe downturn in volume the bigger ones being most affected.
This may be causing staff dissatisfaction hence the old part sent out, bit like the cockroach in a pre packed sandwich!
Always found Evans service good.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
never had an issue with wiggle - even boosted my platinum discount for 4wks

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I've had very good service from both Wiggle and Chain Reaction. Always fast and in 6 years I've had only I order cock up which was a top not getting delivered by Wiggle, new one sent promptly.
I generally use Collect+ to deliver to a shop 100 yards up the road and recently ordered a part at 4pm on a Sunday and picked it up from the shop at 10am Monday morning.
I have had 3 collect + deliveries from CRC where I didn't get the collection bar code texted to me. I'd go in the shop for milk etc and they say "Ahh, we have a parcel for you here" but I've not had the collection code, quick call to CRC and it comes through. Prices will inevitably get less competative as they are now one entity and I think that their integration process may be the cause of some issues.

Top Bottom