Wiggle down the pan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I have used pretty much all the retailers over the years, I have no loyalty and go for cheapest price - pretty much all of them have performed well and no so well at times, it is just a lottery.

mustang1

Guru
The problem with economics/capitalism is they have to grow. In fact you have to grow just to stand still (inflation). It's rubbish.

Having said that, I still order from wiggle and haven't received any bad service from them.

Kbrook

Veteran
Never had a problem with Wiggle but I've been using Rose a lot recently particularly for things like brake pads, cassettes and chains if you manage to get your order up to about £90 it's free delivery and for things like this brake pads they are about half the price of Wiggle etc. Delivery very quick as well it usually takes about three days for it to arrive from Germany always the correct items delivered.

videoman

Guru
Ordered a wheel dishing jig on Tuesday and it arrived first thing this morning with two packets of Haribo inside. I've only had excellent service from them recently and also found Rose great as well.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Ordered a wheel dishing jig on Tuesday and it arrived first thing this morning with two packets of Haribo inside. I've only had excellent service from them recently and also found Rose great as well.

Bloody favouritism !!! :laugh:

Plus one for Rose. Good prices and way better than wiggle and chain reaction if you are a refusenik from 10 and 11 speed and associated stuff.

Thanks cyclops. Rings a bell.

This quote from the article interesting

"There have been a number of adverse conditions in the market in recent years such as oversupply, poor weather and roadworks in London, b"

The poor weather (over several years?!) sounds like a typical boss excuse (the sort that uses hot weather or cold weather with equal abandon to explain reduced profits) but the oversupply was indeed interesting.

And of course means that unless all your cycling gear is destroyed in an overnight hurricane there is no need to ever pay anything like full price for the stuff. The upside of "fashion" for folks who don't mind being so last month.

Similar applies to bikes.

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Thanks cyclops. Rings a bell.

This quite from the article interesting

"There have been a number of adverse conditions in the market in recent years such as oversupply, poor weather and roadworks in London, b"

The poor weather (over several years?!) sounds like a typical boss excuse (the sort that uses hot weather or cold weather with equal abandon to explain reduced profits) but the oversupply was indeed interesting.

And of course means that unless all your cycling gear is destroyed in an overnight hurricane there is no need to ever pay anything like full price for the stuff. The upside of "fashion" for folks who don't mind being so last month.

Similar applies to bikes.

The boss who made that excuse and the others got moved on a few months back for missing his targets. They are up to CEO number 3 in just a few short years.

Top Bottom