Wiggle / Hermes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
So here's a good story for you.

I ordered a bottom bracket from Wiggle only the other day.
As usual I got the emails saying dispatched. Then another saying it had been delivered by Hermes on Sunday. The delivery address was to my place of work. If the office is not open then the concierge signs for mail and parcels.
So, check Hermes email. Seen it's been signed by the concierge.
Pop along to see him, ask about the parcel. He said nothing was delivered on Sunday. Showed him the signature. Said it's not his.
I mail Wiggle, they get back to me saying the parcel has been left at number 188 in my road.
There is no number 188 in this road. (So not the concierge) I tell Wiggle
They send me the post code. I check the post code, it's a Waitrose. There's a bus stop outside of the shop
The number of the bus that stops there? Yep, it's the number 188 bus.

Wiggle are dragging their heels and not getting back to me. It's only a 13 Quid BB but its a serious matter as far as I am concerned as it is clearly fraud committed by the Hermes driver.
Looks like they will be losing a very good long time customer here.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Sorry to hear it. I've had repeated problems with My Hermes, they are utterly, utterly useless. My heart sinks every time I hear they are delivering one of my parcels.

I've had smashed parcels, parcels gone missing, parcels left by bins on bin day and taken away by rubbish men, untraceable signatures, received confirmation emails I was not in when I was in all day and no one rang the bell, and a god awful attitude from the driver on the rare occasions they manage to deliver a parcel without incident.

I've complained on a couple of occasions, flagging all of the above and they seem to do bugger all about it, and the awful service continues. Good luck and I hope this has a happy ending without too much hassle.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly

As usual I got the emails saying dispatched. Then another saying it had been delivered by Hermes on Sunday. The delivery address was to my place of work. If the office is not open then the concierge signs for mail and parcels.
Pop along to see him, ask about the parcel. He said nothing was delivered on Sunday. Showed him the signature. Said it's not his.
I mail Wiggle, they get back to me saying the parcel has been left at number 188 in my road.
They send me the post code. I check the post code, it's a Waitrose. There's a bus stop outside of the shop

Wiggle are dragging their heels and not getting back to me. It's only a 13 Quid BB but its a serious matter as far as I am concerned as it is clearly fraud committed by the Hermes driver.
That is absolutely appalling.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member

Now I'm glad that Hermes don't operate in Australia. Best of luck sorting it out.

vickster

Legendary Member
Not used Wiggle for ages. CRC often cheaper and have a lower free delivery threshold.
I tend to go for Halfords or Evans as I prefer to click and collect rather than wait around for a delivery or have to go to PO to collect. Amazon lockers handy too

si_c

Guru
I don't usually get wiggle stuff delivered as I usually use Collect+ so I'd forgotten it was Hermes. If I know a delivery is via hermes, I'll pay more to not have to deal with them - last time my Wife ordered something online delivered by Hermes they noted it had been left in the porch - we don't have one, and we came home to find it had been thrown over the back fence.

mustang1

Guru
When I read the thread title I thought Hermes (the fashion brand) was going to sell clothes on wiggle like rapha now does.

I would have stopped visiting Hermes of that happened.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Yes their customer services are totally clueless. It does depend on the drivers though. I think they're under so much pressure to deliver everything that there will always be a few drivers who lie and cheat, either because they're lazy or just have no scruples

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
I too have suffered the "ghost sunday delivery " this was with amazon they sent out a replacement no questions asked.

parcel delivered sunday 8am but office not open until 11am

Levo-Lon

Guru
I use crc and the deliver to local shop click & collect post.
I get a collection email with a bar code.
And updated throughout dispatch and delivery time.

Brilliant so far

Top Bottom