crc or wiggle?

• crc

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • wiggle

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • don't mind

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

I've always pretty much shopped equally as much on wiggle and crc. But increasingly I'm finding wiggle to be more poorly stocked - i.e. there's some items it just doesn't have. Almost to the point where if I want something, I just go to crc and don't bother even checking wiggle.
example. big ring protector - wiggle don't sell them, they haven't got ANY blackspire products. Got one off CRC, it was delivered this morning.
five ten shoes. wiggle don't sell them, chainreaction do.

I've got a £5 voucher for wiggle when I spend over £25 but I can't think of £25 worth of stuff I want from wiggle, as the one thing i want (five ten shoes) they don't sell.

Joe

Über Member
I use them both pretty evenly but leaning towards Wiggle more recently. I hate their spend £50 and get 10% off deal though, as it always tempts me into buying way more than I originally wanted!:thumbsup:

barq

Its odd how your opinion changes. Years back I swore I'd never use CRC again after an especially awful wheel-build. I used to be very loyal to Wiggle (and they are good) but the combination of them discontinuing a few items I liked and a few bad delivery experiences has increasingly sent me over to CRC. I know delivery isn't directly the fault of Wiggle, but ultimately its part of the customer experience so it has to be a factor.

I like the fact that CRC will just phone me up if I mis-type my credit card number, or if the stock isn't there when they pick. You can easily get them on the phone too. I still buy a lot of clothes from Wiggle, but it tends to be CRC for bike parts - their spokes are pretty good value too (I just don't rate their hand-built wheels).

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
Had a bad experience with wiggles courier Business post - then awful experience with wiggle customer service and havent bought anything from them since. CRC are good tho, stuff always seems to arrive quickly, never had a problem so can't comment on customer service.

Emu

I used CRC for the first time this week and was very impressed with the speed of delivery. Having said that I also used Wiggle this week and couldn't fault them either. Wiggle's choice is a bit limited I feel but will continue to look at their site first as I'm so familiar with it.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

if anybody wants anything from wiggle I've got a voucher for £5 but it's only if you spend over £25. i've also got a 5% 'loyal customer discount' so you can have 5% plus £2.50 off. You'd have to pay for postage from me to you or send me an sae / or know whether they will ship to multiple addresses.
I only want one thing and that's seven quid. I refuse to waste money on crap i don't want just to get the discount, this is the exact trick they want me to fall for. (and before you ask yes I have tried inputting the code anyway but their server side validation knows about the £25 minimum.)

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
ANYONE can get a £5 voucher just by registering on wiggle for their newsletter. it will give you a code. You have to spend over 50 pounds though :thumbsup:

I have massive problems with the Carrier for Wiggle.

This last time:

Monday - note through door saying once only delivery so I now have t make a fifteen mile trip to pick up.

Phone carrier and arrange to pick up on Tuesday

Having arranged pickup - get to Depot to fnd that despite all this the package has been sent out again - so a wasted journey.

Rearrange for Friday, and get home to find that another attempt has been made to deliver, despite all arrangements not to.

Friday - arrive at depot to find that as 5 working days have passed it has been returned to Wiggle!

Except it hadn't, that was an error, and I was able to pick it up.

As long as Wiggle use this carrier - I won't use Wiggle!

Noodley

every time I order from wiggle (it always seems to be over £25 :thumbsup:) I unsubscribe then sunscribe again so I always get £5 off. :?:

I have just placed an order with wiggle and saved 37% off RRP :thumbsup::biggrin:

P.H

Über Member
psmiffy said:
who r crc

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/

I've used and had good service from both, though only for things I can't get locally and some irresistible sale bargains. CRC are far more MTB orinted, while wiggle have a good mix. The only difference I've found in service is the returns policy*, CRC charge you £3.50 for handling/postage, Wiggle don't charge anything. So if they both have something at the same price I'd choose Wiggle.

*When you're returning because it's not suitable, as in when my idea of XL doesn't coincide with a manufacturers:blush:

Top Bottom