1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiggle Price Increase

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by mikeitup, 3 Feb 2008.

1. mikeitup

mikeitup Senior Member

I have been looking at anew pair of MTB shoes (clipless) compatible and I don't want to spend a fortune.
    I have liked the look of the DHB M1 shoes.
    Now, before xmas they were £31.99. During and after xmas £35.99 and now when I am all set to get some (£35.99 isn't bad) they have gone up to £43.99!!!

What gives?

Are they taking the mick or what?

:wacko:

2. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

They had a 20% discount through the whole of January. you just missed it...

I got some Spesh shoes that cost 75 originally if thats any good? 20 posted for you

3. simonali

simonali Über Member

4. mikeitup

mikeitup Senior Member

thanks for the link. will check it out.

5. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

i've just bought a new pro2 hub for the mtb. wiggle? £107.99. CRC? £110. LBS? £105. Just bolstered my faith in them as a parts and accessories supplier even more, almost to the extent that they're now in preference to the internet. Main reason to order online now is when i want something regular or mundane that i'm sure about and I want it in the week and i haven't got time to get down to the LBS.
    But if it's something I make the decision to get at the weekend, or it's something i want to make a choice over, then if I can see it in the flesh and have it there and then, AND it's cheaper, i don't see why i would even bother looking online.

6. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

mikeitup, if you want MTB style shoes, I've always found Merlin Cycles have pretty good prices.

7. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

I watch prices quite keenly before buying and my LBS are the same price on all sorts of things, better sometimes, they can't match the special offers and such but I went in for a power link on Sat and my eyes lit up at the sight of a pile of clearance kits

PI gilet and a pair for gloves half price, done, and if I'd have had a bit more dosh there was a nice gore top and sundry bits and bobs

I love things from the clearance pile

Gillet and gloves got their first outing today to rider's approval

8. Danny

Danny Legendary Member

Also, you really want to try shoes before you buy them, as there can be quite a difference in fitting between different manufacturers, or even different types of shoe from the same manufacturer.

Buying shoes on the internet risks being a false economy unless you are 110% confident that what you are buying will fit.

9. mikeitup

mikeitup Senior Member

re

DHB M1 shoes now back to £35!!

gonna order a pair