Wiggle this!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Okeydokey

It's only slander if it is not true... I think. From Customer Services:

"Thank you for your patience.

I have now received a response from the warehouse team and can confirm that sadly we were unable to locate the missing item/part I'm afraid. In this case I will have a free of charge replacement sent out to you as soon as possible.

Please accept my apologies for the problems caused. Your patience and understanding has been appreciated."

I wasn't being patient, not in my make up but: Planet X -1 . Wiggle - 1. I will call it a draw!

Is it really 'a free of charge replacement', or just a straight forward breach of contract? I should perhaps be grateful for something... I know you have had no problems with these lovely suppliers before, maybe I'm jinxed!

Kbrook

Veteran
Is there a part to this story I am missing. Wiggle sending you a FOC replacement to a part that has gone missing and you rate them -1. Seems harsh.

OP
OP
Okeydokey

Okeydokey

It is an interesting point you make, FOC is not what I was originally asking for. Infact come to think of it, I never wanted it free of charge, or the crappy sweets. I needed it after I paid for it, not much of a story tbh! I've been working overseas for a while, perhaps this is the norm here now?

e-rider

crappy member
I think the OP ordered something that arrived with a missing part, and then got annoyed with Wiggle saying that they would send another FOC, when in fact they never actually sent the first one, so what Wiggle should have said was sorry, I'll send out another item as the first one was faulty, rather than claiming that they are doing the OP a favor by sending another one - is that right??????

I've had similar experiences online too, when I've been offered a 'good will gesture' when in fact they have failed to provide the item correctly in the first place. It's annoying.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I once had an online supermarket send me noodles instead of cat food . I called up to let them know of the mistake and they said they would credit me the money for the next time I shopped with them and I could keep the noodles .
I told them my cat doesn't eat noodles .

Drago

Legendary Member
Last year I ordered some brake pads for my truck. To ensure I got the right ones the retailer asked me for my VIN, which I duly supplied.

Went to fit the pads, got everything apart off the truck brand triumphantly opened the box... finding the wrong pads.

I was a bit pithed off, but sheet happens. I contacted to the supplier who double checked my VIN. They said they had supplied the correct parts, and my truck must have been modified at some time in its history, and would I mind awfully sodding off? I bought the truck off a friend of my step brother, and a quick phone call to him confirmed it had been his from New and was unmodified, as was confirmed by the comprehensive history supplied.

The supplier wouldn't refund me, so for 2 days I spent every moment I could registering on every 4x4 website I could, and posted up my story including the company name. As aforementioned, it's not libel if it actually happened.

On the 3rd day they emailed me to offer me a refund. I gladly accepted, and went to a Mitsubishi dealer who charged me a fortune but provided the correct pads first go.

heliphil

Guru
my Primera had Almera calipers from new - that did cause problems first time I changed the pads, but they did exchange them, but that was a Nissan dealer..

Blurb

Über Member
My old MK3 8v Golf GTi had 16v discs and calipers. Caused a little consternation the first time the pads were replaced and explained the rather prodigious braking ability for an otherwise lukewarm hatch.

J1888

Über Member
I got 100 quid worth of vouchers and free t-shirt for on Evans due to them mispricing stuff on two occasions.

Shops make mistakes, do it once and let it slide, second time, kick up a fuss

OP
OP
Okeydokey

Okeydokey

Sounds like what to do next. I have had a refund, and they suggest I keep the rubbish they sent me. I guess it becomes luck of the draw. ,I have been out of luck quite a few times recently.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Wiggle's 2nd fault in 3 orders for me; the chamois cream I ordered was fine. However, the Shimano UN-55 bottom bracket was opened in the packet and had been previously fitted as it had grease and brown oil marks on the first 2 threads. Looks like a customer return :sad:

djb1971

Legendary Member
Wiggle's 2nd fault in 3 orders for me; the chamois cream I ordered was fine. However, the Shimano UN-55 bottom bracket was opened in the packet and had been previously fitted as it had grease and brown oil marks on the first 2 threads. Looks like a customer return :sad:

I've had this on a few occasions. They were adamant the items were 'new'.

Complain and either send it back or they may offer you a reduced price.

I've had a new helmet full of ginger hair, a chainset with scratches over it and covered in odd colour grease and a dubious looking new saddle amongst the 'new' items.

Top Bottom