wiggle / touring bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
May just be because CTC has chucked-out Evans and Wiggle is now the retailer behind the CTC shop.

Anyway though, selling a range of bikes called 'Sportif' under the heading 'touring/audax bikes' is going to annoy someone ;)

OP
OP
djb1971

djb1971

Legendary Member
They've had a right ding dong on CTC about it ;)

Wiggle are one of the best online retailers but I think Spa would have been a better choice for them, at least wiggle are making an effort I suppose:laugh:

PpPete

Legendary Member
Madness.... Ultra Galaxy in 853 is listed just 0.1 kgs heavier than the Titanium version... but over £1000 cheaper. Componentry is the same for both.
Not that I can afford either:sad:

porkypete said:
Madness.... Ultra Galaxy in 853 is listed just 0.1 kgs heavier than the Titanium version... but over £1000 cheaper. Componentry is the same for both.
Not that I can afford either:sad:

And try getting damaged Ti repaired while on tour.

Pottsy

I'd be a bit worried about leaving £2,700 worth of bike locked to a tree at a campsite in the evening when I'm off in search of, er, refreshments.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
The Dawes are a bit expensive think I will stick to using Spa Cycles.

dragon72

Guru
Flippin'eck!
The Dawes prices have rocketed for '09!
The Horizon used to be about £400-500, now it's over £600 and they haven't upgraded it that much.
What I really am pleased to see is that Dawes are offering an STI shifter version of the Galaxy, but at that price they can kiss my bum.

shirokazan

Veteran
dragon72 said:
Flippin'eck! The Dawes prices have rocketed for '09!
Must be driven by the decline in the pound. Aren't Dawes frames made in the Far East these days?...and so they have to pay the manufacturer in the local currency?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
phil_hg_uk said:
The Dawes are a bit expensive think I will stick to using Spa Cycles.

Spa have flagged a 20% hike in Dawes prices.

All bikes with frames/componentry originating in Asia will be having their prices hiked. The warning were broadcast at least as far back as last November. Poor exchange rates and raised prices at the factory gates were blamed.

On the other hand nine speed drivetrain stuff is going for a song and I've saved a small fortune on 105 stuff.

Spending more than £100 on a bike you've never even ridden is crazy.
Spending £1000+ on a long distance bike is worse! Spa Cycles is a real shop, that you can go into and arrange a test ride. Even if they cost more, it'd still be worth it.

Top Bottom