Wild swimming with Dr Alice Roberts.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Did anybody see this?

I've been jumping into rivers and tarns naked since I started climbing at the age of eight; it's traditional especially at the end of a long sweaty day out. Mrs Gti and I spent our first night together in a tent by Angle Tarn above Patterdale and skinny-dipped in the tarn.

So it was great to see this programme about wild swimming featuring the delicious Dr Alice Roberts: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00t9r28/Wild_Swimming/

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I was allright with that until I got to the 'delicious' bit. Not in my book.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Very appealing...sitting here looking at wet suits on line now!

I guess the secret is knowing where, when, and to go with a group of similar minded peeps...how cool would it be to do a cycling tour linked into wild swimming locations...

ASC1951

Guru
Did anybody see this?
Yes indeed. Young Alice is worth half an hour of anyone's telly time, with or without the full Jenny Agutter/Walkabout moment.
And it's Professor Roberts these days.

I've been jumping into rivers and tarns naked since I started climbing at the age of eight; it's traditional especially at the end of a long sweaty day out.
And part way round. In my Munro-bashing days I often used to schedule a swim in a lochan to free off the legs for the afternoon.

Night Train

Maker of Things
It's funny, I am more then happy in the cold and dry but wet chills me to the bones unless it is very warm.
I can't imagine swimming in British waters any time of the year, naked or otherwise.

She must be the sexiest Professor in Britain! ^_^
Amen to that!

Top Bottom