Wilkos Chains.(any good)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi to all again.
I was browsing around Wilkos yesterday and noticed they were selling bike chains for a very reasonable price of £3.50. The thing is though ,are they any good for that price.
I was just wondering, if any of the good members here have got any views or first hand experience on them. As the summer months come ,I will be hopefully racking up a fair few miles on my old trusty bike and if the Wilkos chain is aimed at the more bottom end of cycling use I will look for something of a little better quality.
Many thanks reading and advice given.
Johnny :-)

gbb

Legendary Member
I might buy one, just to see for myself. I'm in line for a 7 speed, be interesting to see with regular Inspection (albeit on a little used bike)

gbb

Legendary Member
A cycle chain for the price of a pint, the chain may last a bit longer.
I like the analogy ^_^ but a shimano chain isn't that much dearer. Now you may ask...why not get a shimano then ?...in my case because I have a Wilco in walking distance from my house.
I'd be interested to see how they perform:okay:

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
What chainset are you running?
Hi Screenman.
Was the question directed and me buddy..If it was ,the chain set is a pretty much standard low end set up. Its a ten speed with a strong light front chain ring and an unknown rear cassette from the early eighties :-)

broady

Veteran
Mine was on old sora, 2300 and what ever was on my mtb that I used to use.
And my single speed (that I've always regretted selling)

screenman

Legendary Member
Hi Screenman.
Was the question directed and me buddy..If it was ,the chain set is a pretty much standard low end set up. Its a ten speed with a strong light front chain ring and an unknown rear cassette from the early eighties :-)

In that case you have not much to lose by trying one.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Look in the box and see what's stamped on the side plates of the chain. At one point, it was TAYA, which is fine midrange (a local bike shop sells it in TAYA packaging for £8ish). Another time it was YABA and was shoot (never known a lbs sell it). Wilko often seem to change who's filling their boxes.

Top Bottom