Will I notice a difference?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrs fry

I am cycling 7 miles home each night from work 5 days a week. If I eat fairly well, is there a chance I will notice a difference in toning etc? It would be great if this could help me tone my lower half.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
It's quite likely, yes.

montage

God Almighty
mrs fry said:
I am cycling 7 miles home each night from work 5 days a week. If I eat fairly well, is there a chance I will notice a difference in toning etc? It would be great if this could help me tone my lower half.

Definately. If you don't at first, then up the intensity of your rides

Crimmey

'Toning' is a terrible word :biggrin: You cant really target a specific area to 'tone'( if you meant fat loss). You might see fat loss in some areas more than others or even not at all. If its fat loss generally you want, cycling is great. If its toning as in building muscle then weights are the only way to go.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Of course!
Cycling's good for thighs and hamstrings (of course), calves, your butt and lower back. It's not great for reducing the aero-belly per-se, but it can help to generally reduce your fat levels. If you want upper body toning, look elsewhere!
Some basic stretches are also recommended, particularly for the hamstrings.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Mrs Fry, I've not lost tons of weight by cycling, but there is an improvement in my figure and I have also dropped a dress size or sometimes two. I also noticed it a bit on my arms.

lukesdad

Crimmey said:
'Toning' is a terrible word :biggrin: You cant really target a specific area to 'tone'( if you meant fat loss). You might see fat loss in some areas more than others or even not at all. If its fat loss generally you want, cycling is great. If its toning as in building muscle then weights are the only way to go.

Not true Ive never done weights, there s nothing wrong with my muscles;)

zacklaws

Guru
I see in another thread, that you are commuting on a MTB, I found that I lost more weight and got fitter when I used to commute on my MTB compared to commuting on my road bikes.

jimboalee

The differences you will notice are,

1/ Drayton Manor Park smells worse in the summer than in the winter.

2/ The 4091 will seem to get shorter and flatter.

3/ You will get faster.

4/ By the summer, you won't need to take as many inhalations when you pass Drayton Manor Park.

Top Bottom