Will removal of bottom hair increase or reduce cycling comfort?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Anyone got a definitive answer? What do the Pros do, presumably they've worked out a long time ago whether bald or natural is best.

And if I'm better off without bottom hair, what's the best and least painful removal method?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Just cut the dangeberries off.

sabian92

Über Member
Least painful?

Jump in the shower, shower as normal, clean your undercarriage and crack, soap up again and then use a razor (a good quality one!) and CAREFULLY shave.

Then wait for the "sandpapered crack" feeling.

OP
OP
Smurfy

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf

Slioch

Guru
What about visiting one of those Mediterranean Barbers that are all the rage. They use some kind of "flame" treatment to remove nasal and ear hair, so maybe they could use the same technique on your arse (if you asked them nicely and gave them a large tip)?

Mind you, whether you want to let any Mediterranean-type of unspecified sexual orientation anywhere near your family jewels is a decision only you can make.

OP
OP
Smurfy

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Then wait for the "sandpapered crack" feeling.
Hang on, this is supposed to be an improvement in cycling comfort?

sabian92

Über Member
Hang on, this is supposed to be an improvement in cycling comfort?

:laugh: To be honest it will depend on your particular type of body hair - I'm quite hairy but it's quite fine so it's not too bad. If you're hairy and it's coarse... well... I pity you cause it'll rub!

I do do what you're asking as a matter of course (although more for *ahem* hygiene reasons) but it doesn't bother me at all. The first go you have at it will be terrible but the next one it should be fine. If it's a bit irritated a good whack of an anti-septic cream will sort it out.

Just do it slowly, and it'll be fine. You definitely do not want a cut down there (or under there, depending on where you're shaving!)

OP
OP
Smurfy

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
:laugh: To be honest it will depend on your particular type of body hair - I'm quite hairy but it's quite fine so it's not too bad. If you're hairy and it's coarse... well... I pity you cause it'll rub!

I do do what you're asking as a matter of course (although more for *ahem* hygiene reasons) but it doesn't bother me at all. The first go you have at it will be terrible but the next one it should be fine. If it's a bit irritated a good whack of an anti-septic cream will sort it out.

Just do it slowly, and it'll be fine. You definitely do not want a cut down there (or under there, depending on where you're shaving!)

:notworthy:

I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try a blade down there!

sabian92

Über Member
:notworthy:

I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try a blade down there!

Honestly, it's not as bad as it sounds. Use a good quality razor (I use Gillette Fusion ProGlide razors for face as well as down there, not had an issue) and take your time.

It's when you rush you start nicking yourself - same as shaving your face, really.

Top Bottom