Will this fit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stu9

I saw tyres and wheels on ebay, they're 700c, mine are 26" will they fit....all this metric crap really does my t*ts in

lozcs

Guru
I saw tyres and wheels on ebay, they're 700c, mine are 26" will they fit....all this metric crap really does my t*ts in

26 inches = just over 660mm so I doubt it!

Lee_M

Guru
29 is 'equivalent' of 700c

note the word 'equivalent' there before anyone disagrees with me

Reactions: 4F

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
No they will not. Very generally, 700 = road bike 26" = mountain bike however there are many other variables.

OP
OP
S

Stu9

Thanks, but like I say, this metric stuff's really pissing me off, same with frame sizes, it's always been inches, now is cm first then inches or just cm....pita!!

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
That Sheldon Brown link is good.:thumbsup:

This is one of those cases where it is preferable to use metric rather than imperial as there are several different versions of each size which, in this case, are all described as 26" but are incompatible. 700c tyres are as bad, in imperial they can be described as 27", 28" or 29" depending on the fitment.:wacko:

To be sure of getting the correct size the ETRTO measurement (which will be shown on your current tyres) is the one to use as this only lists the tyre width and the rim it fits to in mm, for example 47-559.

lozcs

Guru

Ningishzidda

If you have the bare rims and are unsure what tyres fit it, put a measure tape across the rim and take 5 or 6 mm off the diameter.
Check tyre sizes in ETRTO for which one is at this measurement.

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
depends on clearances I put 700c's on a 1930s tandem meant for 26", I had to put shorter reach brakes on (for the better anyway) but it raises the ride height. You really have to try some on and see.

Top Bottom