Winchester to London 100mile Ride 2nd July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
RB58 and I have been discussing this ride for some time and finally have agreed a date.
Winchester is only an hour out of Waterloo and with a groupsave ticket should be fairly inexpensive.
This route crosses some very pretty countryside and takes in some hills along the way.
Out of Winchester we will be following the Itchen Valley up to historical Selborne http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selborne
Over the heathlands South of Aldershot
Up the North Downs onto Ranmore Common
Up Box Hill. We can stop at the cafe at the top, while Ross does a few laps!
Then North East over the Downs to around Keston, where we will probably split to allow those returning to London to go North and where I will probably head East to home. The total distance should then be around 100 miles.
Please let me know if you are interested.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Count me in as a definitely Tim

18 - 20mph probably, knowing Ross (which I don't but hey, why not stir it up? :smile: )

Edited to change 'Pete' to 'Ross' - becuse I can't keep pace with my thinking, and it's hot! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
D

deckertim

What time you planning leaving Winchester Tim?
I was going to catch the 7.35 from Waterloo. This gets into Winchester at 8.37.
I don't believe there are restrictions on the number of cycles on this route, so hopefully this works for most people.

iZaP

Über Member
I'm in!

I like the group save thingy from waterloo...
I don't feel like paying 30 quid for a train ride at all! :biggrin:

It would be 18 quid each for 8 eight people! and it gets even cheaper if some of the people have rail cards and such....blimey :biggrin:
ohmy.gif

Top Bottom