Winchester to London 100mile Ride 2nd July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Hmm....Winchester's only 25 miles from home. Could be tempted!

And only 800mtrs from my house. Unfortunately I can't make this as my Saturday mornings are owned by Bolletta and the cruel discipline of figure skating. If you head out through Headbourne Worthy (prettier than the Winnall M3 J9 underpass - see my old post in Campaigning) then there's a fair chance I'll see you as we drive out to Basingstoke. I'll make sure to :hello:

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'm tentatively in. It sounds like a good ride but I've got a feeling my OH wants to see me at some point and I seem to be out every weekend now.

dand_uk

I'm based in Soton so could be tempted... Not sure I can do average 18- 20mph tho! Is the group all roadies?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I will say a tentative yes, I will have to get the day off work and being the summer this may be a small problem.

OP
OP
D

deckertim

are there any convenient bail out points en route?

Loads, because of various train routes going back into London from the West and South Coast. Alton, Farnham, Guildford, Dorking, Reigate, Oxted, Sevenoaks.

I will be posting the route up over this week end for perusal

Regards
Tim

OP
OP
D

deckertim

full.gif

The route This is about 107 miles back to Waterloo. But to be honest, I only planned the route to the top of Titsey Hill, where those returning to London will go North and those of going to North Kent will continue.
About 50 miles in, we will be at Shamley Green. I have never been here, but there is a pub that looks reasonable for lunch. Bricklayers Arms Alternatively, about 60 miles in, there are Cafes at the bottom and the top of Box Hill. Any recommendations considered.

gbs

Guru
Tim, am I missing the plot here? Your marked route is nowhere near Box Hill. I cannot reccommend for lunch either Rika's at the bottom of Box Hill or the NT cafe at the top.

Assuming 0845 KO (yr post #14) where do you expect us to be at say 1230 on the day? If you do route up BH we could easily reach somewhere like Walton on the Hill where there are several good looking pubs - but I have tried only one. I will do some field research if you wish. WoH would be a good splitting point for the Men (and Gals) of Kent vs SW Londoners/Surrey dwellers etc

Top Bottom