Wind - Its been a hard week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can't remember a week where the wind has been so bad, and its been every day, so I am glad its Friday, and I am hanging up the wheels till Monday, plus a coach driver has the cheek to indicate to me I should be on the cycle path, to which I smiled at him, and gave him the two fingers, not very grown up, but its Friday and he deserved it !

have a nice weekend all, lets hope for better weather next week !

potsy

Rambler
Tough week for sure,yesterday was the worst for me,straight into a headwind most of the way home.Don't care what it does next week as I'm on holiday
tongue.gif

hambones

I've found it quite enjoyable in a masochistic way. Slow struggle into work but flying home, and amazingly a PB for a 10TT rolling course by almost a minute!

That said I'm hoping it will calm down by Sunday as I have some big mileage planned....

BSRU

A Human Being
As I live close to work, I extend my route by cycling a figure of eight pattern, so I wherever the wind comes from parts of my ride are helped and other parts are not.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Did a big loop of South London this afternoon hoping to get the benefit of the tailwind on the way home.

I got that for a bit, but damn was it windy. Going down towards New Cross and Lewisham I nearly got blown off a few times, damn deep section rims!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Great riding fixed...........hah hah..................... I am sure BM will be around to say his F1 machine is even faster........... :rolleyes:

al78

Guru
I did a PB into work today, 15.1 mph avg, beating the old record by 0.1 mph. I thought that I was going to face a horrendous headwind on the way home this evening but thankfully the wind had died down somewhat and had turned more westerly so it was now more a crosswind. Thus I averaged 17.5 mph on the leg home which is about normal.

I was tired on Thursday so drove into work that day. Glad I did, as that was the windiest day and I would have been concerned about falling tree limbs had I been out on the bike.

I sympathise Kev, I had headwind going to work yesterday and that was my first shift of this set of four. Tailwind going home was OK, until I turned across it :sad: Managed to get up to 33mph on the flat though so not all bad :smile:

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
Managed to get out yesterday for a quick ride, dont know if the riding position on a road bike is better for headwind, but sitting up on an MTB was er interesting.

Shouldnt have warn my waterproof pac-a-mac... it was like wearing a sail :/

buddha

Veteran
I blame the wind for me just having an off.

Turning left off a wide main road and I could feel myself being 'pushed' over (thankfully no traffic around). Wasn't going too fast, honest
whistling.gif

Now minus a couple of sq. inches of skin on my arm, and a sore hip. Bike's fine though
biggrin.gif

Top Bottom