Windfall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
You cant go wrong with wheels . Everything else changes when you fancy a change but having a nice selection of wheels to put on any bike you want is a safe bet .

snorri

Legendary Member
A Koga World Traveller with Rohloff hub featured in my dreams a few years ago, alas the engine just doesn't have the oomph to justify such a purchase nowadays:sad:.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
A much lighter body.
Actually, I don't need money to get that, I would save myself money by eating less :laugh:
Seriously, money for a new knee and for staying off work the 6 weeks or so that it takes to heal would be fantastic.
Also, some orthopedic fixing of some sort, there's something wrong with my feet but haven't got a clue what it is, probably related to my knees.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Quite fancy a Ti singlespeed/fixie.

No justification, just a whim.

So if you can't find a better use for it, be sure to send it my way :okay:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I actually ended up with more money than I'm accustomed to after the sale of my mum's house last year- though not enough to buy while I'm tied to London and, as I'm a council tenant, I can stick with social housing anyway. I've become a shareholder in a couple of newish and expanding breweries and I just bought a titanium audax bike from Spa. Next, there's a vaguely formed plan to ride it up the Rhein to Switzerland where I have family. If that works ok, I'll cycle back, possibly through France.

12boy

Guru
Wheels are good. Extra wheels give me the opportunity to have street tires, studded snows and gravelly tires by just switching the otherwise identical wheels. With geared bikes different ratios also. When commuting if the tire was flat just pop in a nonflat wheel and off to work.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
A farm - sitter for a year, then probably head south on two wheels, Europe, Africa..
Or Through Eastern Europe onwards.

The open road would not so much beckon, it would insist.. :smile:

I'd probably need to move for it to be possible, but a work shed/man cave to keep my bikes, tools, spares and bits and bobs would be high up on the wishlist.

Top Bottom