Windows 11

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I just installed my first update to W11. It now gives an estimated time to complete the process. That's a good idea if it works, I thought. 5 minutes it said. Let's time it. 30 seconds!

Apparently, M$ have found a failsafe way of getting away from the blue screen of death. They've made it black. https://uk.pcmag.com/operating-systems/134287/the-windows-11-blue-screen-of-death-is-black

Just did mine and about te same time taken.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Even a Wahoo Elemnt whatever appears to normally needs more messing about on a system other than Windows
  • Windows: ELEMNT will automatically show up in Windows Explorer and you can browse and transfer files similar to any other USB flash device.
    Note: it may be necessary to copy files onto a PC before uploading to applications like Golden Cheetah; uploads directly from USB may fail.
  • Apple Mac (MacOS): A MTP client is required to copy files from ELEMNT. Android File Transfer by Google is one of the most popular and easiest to use clients on OSX. Download Here (https://www.android.com/filetransfer/). If your ELEMNT is not detected by Android File Transfer, restart both the ELEMNT and computer and try again.

• Linux: Support for MTP is via libmtp, which is generally included with popular desktop Linux distributions. On some systems, ELEMNT should also appear on your Linux desktop's file manager.
https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc...EMNT-BOLT-ROAM-to-Desktop-or-Laptop-Computers
I'm not sure why you think you'd need to mess about on Linux when it says the required software is "generally included". It'd just wahoo giving more detail than is necessary for most people, in the hope it helps the few people who have problems fix them, which is more often possible than with Windows.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Why does Linux have to make an appearance every time there is a Windows thread?

Can't someone start a dedicated one to end this phenomenon (I have to think hard whenever I have to spell this).

@HMS_Dave In no way is this a personal dig at you. :okay:
Good point. Especially with nonsense like this...

... Linux really excels in this department far in excess of Windows right out of the box, no geeky commands ... The experience is snappier, no telemetry, no bloat, it just works. It's safer too. ...
:wacko:

At least we've not yet had that usual suspect posting "get a chromebook" :laugh:

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Thanks.

Even there he was asking for nobody to mention the L word.
I was, but it was inevitable, I suppose.
Maybe a Linux thread could be started so Windows folk could go and spam it?
In a friendly way, obviously :rolleyes:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Good point. Especially with nonsense like this...

:wacko:

At least we've not yet had that usual suspect posting "get a chromebook" :laugh:

Is it silly emoji time? I've acknowledged my mistake, didn't realise it made people so butthurt, but there you go...

Anyway, since we're being silly...

5s9bfa.jpg

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
My Toshiba Satellite has failed the update test.
When I fired it up, this morning, it went into update mode, spent a few hours spinning in stop/start mode then remained on W10 albeit a newer build.

My Toshiba Satellite has failed the update test.
When I fired it up, this morning, it went into update mode, spent a few hours spinning in stop/start mode then remained on W10 albeit a newer build.
Have you got TPM 2.0 turned on in bios? I had to do this on my 12 mth old pc.

Top Bottom