Windows 11

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I can't find a thread dedicated to W11 (though I thought there was one) so here it is.

Now the update is out to the masses, what's your questions?
NB: I don't know the answers..

My question is, how do you turn off that startup noise?

P. S. Nobody needs to know, again, that you use Linux or Ubuntu yada yada yada xx

Mike_P

Guru
Would say no idea as I have not installed it, presumably you are not having the much reported wifi issues. Is the pc running okay, poor performance seems to be another issue. The general advice seems to be not to install it for a few months until the faults have been patched and software providers have updates for any non compliant programs. Anyway in terms of the question its one of those things Google is good for and says

Right-click on the Start menu and select Settings.
Select the Personalization category.
Click on the Themes tab.
Go to the right and click on the Sounds option.
On the Sound tab, uncheck the box next to the Play Windows Startup sound option.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Would say no idea as I have not installed it, presumably you are not having the much reported wifi issues. Is the pc running okay, poor performance seems to be another issue. The general advice seems to be not to install it for a few months until the faults have been patched and software providers have updates for any non compliant programs. Anyway in terms of the question its one of those things Google is good for and says

Right-click on the Start menu and select Settings.
Select the Personalization category.
Click on the Themes tab.
Go to the right and click on the Sounds option.
On the Sound tab, uncheck the box next to the Play Windows Startup sound option.
I'll give that a go, thanks.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

What start up noise?

I've updated to W11 and my laptop never makes a start up noise.
It didn't on W10, but after yesterday's update, it does. Hard to describe a noise but it's a single tone rather that a jingle.

Top Bottom