Wing Mirrors or Trophies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mknash

mknash

Nah Phil,

Put them in quotes and see - much more accurate.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
...And so is the way of the internet. A thread about inconsiderate drivers becomes a discussion of terminology.
Another on eco villages becomes an argument about BNP sympathisers.

I do wonder whether we should even have 'threads'.
Surely a knot of random postings would work just as well;)

OP
OP
mknash

mknash

Just trying to ride out you obvious recourse to personal insults. Please go ahead, get it out of your system. sure you will feel better for it. (same way taking out mirrors can make me feel better) :thumbsup:

I'll rejoin the convo when you have.

M

Greenbank

Über Member
thomas said:
obviously. I don't think anyone else on here goes past knocking wing mirrors off.

This may be a shock, but not everyone obeys the law 100% of the time.

I bet a fair few people have gone through a red light on a bike at some point in their life. I know I have, and I used to (very) occasionally punch off a few wing/door mirrors (albeit whilst riding a motorbike and wearing thick leather gloves with lots of padding over the knockles).

Fair play for mknash to post what he did, and take the insults thrown at him, and listen to what the vaguely rational people had to say and "take it on board" (to use a horrible managementspeak term).

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Greenbank said:
Fair play for mknash to post what he did, and take the insults thrown at him, and listen to what the vaguely rational people had to say and "take it on board"

+1. Lots of sense there.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've only smashed 2 door mirrors........;)

Both with my shoulder.....both when I've been hit by a car :smile:... Transit van ones hurt though - they are quite big.

OP
OP
mknash

mknash

Got home with me and all cars in one piece. Gonna try the advice on taking a different route tomorrow, all depends on where there are least potholes (they don't like paying to adequately pave Gorton). Could probably do with a longer run anyhow, only 6.2 miles at moment, was thinking of pushing it to a round 10, think I can do that by using some of "the fallowfield loop" which should stop me coming across so many cars.

Top Bottom