Wing Mirrors or Trophies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mknash

mknash

Did stop and get my camera out once back in the early days but he was out of his door so fast I just had to get on my bike and sprint off. (i'm only a little gobshite)

Been waiting to get a new camera so I can find a way of mouting my current one. these helmet cams too pricey for me. The time to get a phone out my pocket and get it turned on attracts some nasty looks.

I have though taken dozens of pictures of mincabs and cars parked in dedicated cycle lanes and sent to council and the cab firms and the police, but had no replies ever.

I even have an outstanding complaint that none of my complaints are answered.

This issue with this school is only since i been living in reddish, all kinds of fun on the A34 prior to that.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ah..... at least it's wider......

The A6 saw me get some nasty 'interactions' in the past - if I use it now, I ride about two miles on it from the Heatons, until Levenshulme Station.... not past there into town - all get's a bit looney.

cannondale boy

Über Member
Only read half the thread and it amazes me that you have been taking wing mirrors off cars. Yes you are deluded, and i know its frustrating that some drivers don't give a damn when they give you a close shave.

If that happened to me i would simply put in the wing mirror when going past the car, that way your not causing any damage to the vehicle.

Just think of the consequences next time, before setting out your actions!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Now now...... User3143......he's 'on the wagon'.......

J4CKO

Personally, I wouldnt rule out doing soething like that, its extremely unlikely.

What I have done occasionally, when walking, if a car is parked onto the pavement so it stops me getting past I will brush past and fold the mirror in, only if it is making it difficult or impossible to get past without going into the road as this is selfish behaviour and i like to think the ignorant tossers get sat down and then have to get out again to right their mirrors, no damage, just some annoyance, especially for those to lazy and selfish to park a few feet further up as they may have to walk a few yards, heaving their fat arse out of the car to put their mirror right must really boil their piss :biggrin:

Olly

Jesus, talk about missing the point!!!!!
Wing ( door ) mirrors are there for US!!!!!
They allow car drivers to SEE cyclists!!!
Are you nuts???
Why not write a disclaimer allowing an already selfish and rubish driver to pull out and clip you too!!!!

At the risk of repeating myself...

... Try thinking about it!!!

OP
OP
mknash

mknash

User3143

Afraid I am an amateur, it has been 14 years since I was last paid to ride.

And knowing HOW to ride a bike and doing it obnoxiously are two very different things as far as I am concerned.

But vent away, I seem like a good hate figure today, it's great really all these folks I am making feel much better about themselves.

Olly: And now we know why people ask questions. Thanks for re-answering with that though it did make me think when I read it earlier. As said, i don't really drive all that much

Olly

Hey Martin,
I was not really meaning to have a go at you alone in that post. I understand you asked a question (probs not getting the answers you were exspecting) :biggrin: and have taken the comments on board. I'm just surprised people are STILL condoning the mirror thing!

I get pissed of with shite cars, peds, busses, and bikes (bikes alot this time of year) but I shake my head give them a hard stare and rise above it.
This also has the advantage of giving me lovely superiority complex for the rest if the day! :laugh:

Have a good ride in the morning and pedal with a smile on your face!!!!!
Olly xxx

cannondale boy

Über Member
User3143 said:
Eh? It's got sweet FA to do with ''venting away'' and feeling better about myself. If you think this then you really are an idiot.

The fact of the matter is regardless of whether the cars are illegally parked, you clearly lack the common sense and maturity of an adult and feel it is your given right to go and start ripping off wing mirrors.

Me thinks you are a :biggrin:

+1 :laugh: Time to close this thread!

Top Bottom