winning free beer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobg

Über Member
Pop out to the kitchen and find a straight pint glass ( ex pub type) and see if you think the height is greater than the circumference of the rim . If you remember Pi.d then forget it for the purposes of this exercise. If you think it's the circ then stick the equivilent of 3 packets of fags under it - if you still think its the curcumference then you're too damned clever. If you think its the height then next time you're in the pub look for like minded soul, and bet them a pint etc.... A bloke in my pub yesterday was doing quite well out of it:biggrin: OK I may be gullible but he convinced me ;)

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
saw that on the real hustle.

Noodley

Eh? I got lost when you started putting fags under it - I have no idea why you would put fags under it and what influence this has on anything, if at all.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
in precis, you find a gullible punter and offer what's known as a proposition bet. you ask them which they think is longer, the height of a straight sided pint glass, or the circumference of the rim. if they say the height (as most will), you offer to buy them a drink if it is, if they buy you one if it isn't. most will um and ah, so offer to add a fag packet to the height. this should tempt most people into saying yes to the bet.

the circumference is actually considerably longer than the height, as you reveal with a tapemeasure.

Keith Oates

Janner
Noodley said:
Eh? I got lost when you started putting fags under it - I have no idea why you would put fags under it and what influence this has on anything, if at all.

You could put 20 fag packets under it but the relationship between the circumference and height of the glass doesn't change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
alecstilleyedye said:
in precis, you find a gullible punter and offer what's known as a proposition bet. you ask them which they think is longer, the height of a straight sided pint glass, or the circumference of the rim. if they say the height (as most will), you offer to buy them a drink if it is, if they buy you one if it isn't. most will um and ah, so offer to add a fag packet to the height. this should tempt most people into saying yes to the bet.

the circumference is actually considerably longer than the height, as you reveal with a tapemeasure.

Thats what I meant to say:smile:

Top Bottom