Winter bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
looks like you answered your own question!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
it's a snobbery thing.

And I am one of those snobs.

Not wanting to ride my Spesh Carbon frame jobbie in the wet.. So I also bought the same spec bike but with Alu frame.

onlyhuman

ianrauk said:
it's a snobbery thing.

And I am one of those snobs.

Not wanting to ride my Spesh Carbon frame jobbie in the wet.. So I also bought the same spec bike but with Alu frame.

Doesn't that mean you have a practical reason, apart from the snobbery? Having said that, I don't know why it would matter less if the aluminium frame got wet...

MajorMantra

onlyhuman said:
Doesn't that mean you have a practical reason, apart from the snobbery? Having said that, I don't know why it would matter less if the aluminium frame got wet...

Haven't you heard? Carbon dissolves in water. :evil:

OP: In winter there's a lot more dirt and grit on the roads which accelerates wear on your components. A lot of people have very expensive kit on their good bike so the cost of replacing a cassette, chain, BB etc. can be quite high.

Also, some purpose designed winter bikes will take full mudguards which normal road bikes won't.

Matthew

beancounter

Ovingdeaner said:
Why do people have these? Are certain bikes more suitable for different seasons? Don't want to ruin my 'summer' bike!

My winter bike has lights, mudguards, marathon plus tyres etc. etc.

My summer bike(s) don't.

bc

Downward said:
I wouldn't say Winter/Summer Bikes.
I'd say Dry/Wet Bikes.

I will only use my hybrid in the Rain.

Me too, like to keep my good roadie nice and shiney. Use my old focus variado for the wet weather.

The MTB however goes out in all weathers, nothing like a face full of mud:biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom