Winter cycling tips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Winter - the perfect time to do this ^_^

This

This

This

This

Or this

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

Ar
I absolutely love it. I can spend upto 4 hours on the the turbo but usually around 2 hours for training. I combine Zwift and Trainer Road on one screen. I have a decent setup, with a quality turbo, rocker board to allow side sway. I have a Wahoo climb which allows the bike to be set on incline to simulate climbing a mountain route.

Now with Tacx and Wahoo making fantastic training bikes with numerous features and endless fitting sizes.

You should try Zwift for racing, social group rides and training
are these mobile apps? Do you connect them to the indoor bike

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

Thanks to each one for such helpful tips. I have started using my pendelton brooke for my commute ..! Its steady and more comfy. The road cycle i used for the p2p ride is nicely resting . I used to be a firm summer cyclist . Only for p2p i started training in winters. Now the challenge is over i dont want to lose my ability for continuing to cycle in cold and rain. But will possibly only stick to commuting during the week

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

Oh for cleaning i find face wipes the wet ones very very good! Possibly since they made to clean make up .. they clean mud and grease very well ! Now i wonder what they put in those tubs of make up !!!

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

Summer is the worst time to cycle. The roads round here are clogged full of roadie idiots who have the roadcraft of a myopic hedgehog, but like hedgehogs they appear to hibernate over winter and leave the roads free to those who know how to use them properly.
😆

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Oh for cleaning i find face wipes the wet ones very very good! Possibly since they made to clean make up .. they clean mud and grease very well ! Now i wonder what they put in those tubs of make up !!!
I don't know but many wet wipes contain plastic, seeding fatbergs if flushed and not very good if binned. Please buy plastic-free

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't know but many wet wipes contain plastic, seeding fatbergs if flushed and not very good if binned. Please buy plastic-free
This. Otherwise they take about a hundred year to biodegrade!
Use a cloth and bucket of warm water otherwise :okay:

Use it or lose it

cant add much to what’s been said,apart from my tyre choice of conti GP four seasons 28mm
not wanting to tempt fate but ive used them the past two winters and they hold the road like no others I’ve tried.
as for keeping the old pinkies warm I wear a pair of those white gloves (as worn by snooker referees) under my normal gloves,warm and breathable to..They’re available cheaply from most medical suppliers online

Top Bottom