Winter gear at Aldi next week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arfcollins

Soft southerner.
I bought the shoes a couple of years ago. They work. Haven't used them for a while as I bought a pair of Shimano MT42's so I could walk when I went to the shops. But if you want a pair of entry level SPD shoes you can't go wrong at that price.

I have the gloves too and they've lasted well.

longers

Legendary Member
They've got Fuet in again. Nice with pasta. :hungry:

OP
OP
L

LizardEye

The winter trousers are padded - pretty good not too if the same as 2 years ago. They're thermal and almost waterproof so really good for cold wet nights. The overshoes and cap were a bit crap last year

upandover

Guru
I have the winter trousers from two years ago, very warm and durable, with padded insert. As above, pretty shower-proof, and warm even when wet.

Leah

Pair of the winter trousers for me :biggrin:

I'll call in on Thursday as theres one walking distance from work. If anyone is really really stuck, pm me and I can organise picking up items and posting for you.

EDIT: Does anyone know if the heart rate monitors are much cop? I need one - training for Ambulance Service fitness tests :smile:

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
I was hoping for some bib tights - have to wait and see if Lidl come up with any otherwise will stick with my patched up Altura ones from last year. The jersey looks quite nice though so will have a look and as I don't start work till 11am I'll be down there for it opening 80)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
If the shoes are like the ones they did last time, they'll be pretty wide - I didn't like the fit (or lack thereof) personally.

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
I've been buying for the last 3 years, each year the clothings different and the prices go up. The bib trousers look a good buy, and I like the long sleeve jerseys, I've got about four and there still in good condition washed weekly.

You can't complain at the prices and the quality of the clothing.

yello

You can't complain at the prices and the quality of the clothing.

I agree. The quality is surprisingly good given the price. That's of the clothing anyway, I wasn't overly impressed with their bike tools and prefer to spend extra on something that gives me the confidence that it wont break or damage me or my bike!

Where the clothing might have limitations is in its functionality. It's not made of technical fabrics (and I don't expect it at that price) so don't expect too much from it. Perfectly adequate for less energetic cycling, commuting, touring etc though.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bike stand looks good - may need to take a look at that - I've already got their wall mount ones and have three bikes on the wall.

Pannier rack looks OK for occasional use - thinking wife's hybrid as she just wants somehting to sling a jacket onto and a £40 "do it all" rack seems stupid for the use it will have - £9.99 worth a punt.

BearPear

Veteran
I have their light-weight and winter-weight jackets and they are both fine. I looked at the waterproof jackets this spring and they looked like you would sweat to death in them - zero breathability!

I am considering having a go with clipless and those shoes would be good for a tester - I hope they do ladies sizes. The bike storage is on the list too - I can't get my car in the garage at the moment with 4 bikes in there!

Top Bottom