Winter Gloves..... Recommended?????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nikko1829

Regular
Hi everyone.

Last year in the winter time i did suffer big time with the hands. I was using a so called waterproof Sealskin glove.

These gloves tbh were shocking. My hands suffered with being totally wet and cold, to the point where i had to get off the bike and carry it on my shoulder in order to gain warmth back in the hands.

Can anybody recommend the best glove they have used for winter cycling???????

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Last couple of years I've gone for the cheap end of the scale and used Aldi ones. They eventually let in the water but they are cheap enough that you can have multiple pairs. In the depths of winter I wear a thinner glove underneath as well - a power stretch one. That may seem excessive but I suffer from Raynauds Syndrome so need to keep mine warmer than the average person. If I get too hot I just remove the outer layer and stuff it in a pocket. I've tried various more expensive gloves but the Aldi ones are just as good. (Anyone know when the Winter Cycle Gear day is?)

OP
OP
Nikko1829

Nikko1829

Regular
Thanks for the response. The gloves i had were recommended and i certainly wouldn't recommend. I was at the point of emailing Sealskins to tell them who bad they really where.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Assuming that you aren't using tight gloves, how about also using a pair of the thin thermal gloves available for a couple of quid from your local market/ebay. They won't help in the wet but are a great help in the cold.

vickster

Legendary Member
I got some from decathlon last winter, warm but can't vouch for their waterproof ness...I don't ride in the rain voluntarily if it's cold!

You should complain to sealskinz if they market them as waterproof

OP
OP
Nikko1829

Nikko1829

Regular
Hi Jenkins. I am an all rounder in cycling i do love the winter, and when it's raining i will be out in the thick of it. I will find the right outfit for me its trial and error i suppose.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I know the answer to this but it is no good to you if you are afraid of being a fashion Victim.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Honestly I've tried a number of gloves over the years, including the sealskin ones. None have kept the water out for hours, but the Aldi ones are about £5 I think, under £10 anyway.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Sealskinz mittens work well for me. Keep me dry and I wear gloves inside if I need more warmth, or put one of those click hand warmers in each one. £10 in a sale. Maybe yours are faulty?

Top Bottom