Winter gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geo

I'm sure this has been asked before, so apologies if it has but which winter gloves do people recommend ? Not looking to spend £60 + on Assos gear, but dont mind spending a few quid on a decent warm waterproof glove, thanks.

Boon 51

Veteran
Cant help with the qustion as I want to get some winter gloves as well.. :smile:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I have Castelli Chiro Due gloves (about £45), I find them adequate for most conditions and you can wear a glove liner under them on the coldest days. You are going to get wet regardless, so look primarily for wind protection.

Lee_M

Guru
I bought some endura strike gloves, warm and waterproof - cost about £30
Very warm though , so the insides do get a bit sweaty, but defintely worth the money

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I got some motorbike gloves from Lidl/Aldi last year, they're properly windproof and waterproof so tend to be good for a decent range of winter temperatures and theyre really durable, bit bulky though if you're in lycra :rolleyes:

Danny

Legendary Member
Altura Night Vision gloves are really warm and waterproof. They even come with an inner glove you can wear for extra warmth - but I haven't need this yet.

lejogger

Guru
I bought some in Aldi a couple of months ago - waterproof and very warm for less than a fiver. Still too warm to wear them at the minute. I think they'll only be used for 0 degrees or less.
I've got some endura waterproof which are warm to a point, but tend they to struggle beyond freezing.

Gloves are pretty personal, everyone has different temperature tolerances so it's difficult to advise, but the Aldi ones are hardly a risk at that price - providing they still have them.

Rando

Veteran
I have tried all the Sealskinz and Gore and spent hundreds on various disappointing gloves.

Very simple : Buy these and you will not regret it http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Specialized-Sub-Zero-Glove_41477.htm I have had these out in torrential rain and ridden at -4C with 30MPH winds. No issue.

Good Luck.

Do you wear these on a road bike ?
If so how do you find them for changing gear etc. Look very bulky but I guess that is needed for the warmth and protection they offer. Might put these on my christmas list if you confirm they are suitable for road bike.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
My current setup is some karrimor walking gloves (Sports Direct - £5.99) and if it's raining, a pair of nitrile laboratory gloves over the top. My Altura shields are too warm and not waterproof enough and after a few failed purchases I'm sticking with the cheap and chearful (if purple) option :smile:

OP
OP
G

geo

Thanks fella's, I was leaning towards the Altura range, so I will have a look a little closer at their night vision ones, cheers

Graham

I've got a pair of Endura strike and I'm disappointed. Sweaty but cold hands. My other pair of gloves are Cannondale Three Seasons. They are great - The have a pull over mitten which keeps the wind out and my hands are warm without sweating - Must be the layering. However, they are not waterproof. I was going to get some Giro 100s or Pearl Izumi lobster but they are a bit pricey. I think Chainreaction have some Northwave Husky gloves which look like they will do a good job. Those specialized ones look good though.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I have yet to find some waterproof ones. I have Seal Skinz which are water resistant however if it is peeing it down then you get wet hands, however in dry cold weather they are fine and keep my hands warm

I have some specilized ones which are great in the cold if it is not wet, then have some endura ones for when it is wet. I also made sure that they were a size bigger than I needed, so allow damp hands to get into gloves if taken off for whatever reason whilst riding, but also for when it gets much colder -5C and below, so I can add some thin merino wood glove liners. If that's not warm enough then I go over to goretex ski gloves with/without merino wool liners as needed.

Top Bottom