Winter sadness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Lucky you. I broke my neck on July 12th and not been able to ride since. :whistle:
I have just noticed how many miles you got in before that ... Well done, and I hope you manage to get riding again ASAP!

screenman

Legendary Member
I feel more stable when clipped in than I do on flats.

At times when S.A.D gets really bad I will not get out of bed until it is light, then make sure I am back from work before it gets dark. Luckily these bad periods do not last too long.

andyfraser

Über Member
I use my bikes for commuting and utility as well as leisure. I'm less likely to go for a leisure ride at this time of year but when I do after 10 minutes I don't want to stop.

I managed 8 miles in 3 trips to various shops today just to get some miles in. I'm not going to have much chance to get out over Christmas so it'll be utility rides to get my shed ready to store my bikes in.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I feel more stable when clipped in than I do on flats.

At times when S.A.D gets really bad I will not get out of bed until it is light, then make sure I am back from work before it gets dark. Luckily these bad periods do not last too long.
I do that too. I try to get the dogs walked before it gets dark so I have a bit of extra time outdoors with some daylight.

I found myself cycling less and catching the bus for various reasons

I bought myself a Garmin VivoSmart and now use that to ensure a certain level of exercise

One of the girls at work has a "Fitbit" and we have a competition to see who does the most steps

Funnily enough though the VivoSmart does not recognise recumbents!

Using the FitBit I perform some 7 - 8,000 steps on my bike, but using the VivoSmart I get a reminder to do something active!

Or is recumbent cycling really that lazy?

young Ed

Veteran
as said, walk, run, jog, swim what ever but some sort of exercise. i find i am quite happy doing situps, press ups chin ups etc but most people may find this boring?
as for turbo, i haven't got one but would love one if i had somewhere to set it up semi permanently for this time of year and you can just hop on a go for how ever long you have, be it getting up earlier and spinning for 30 mins or just a quick go before bed or so. only needs to be 10 or 20 mins which most people can find time for somewhere

i find getting up earlier keeps me on it believe it or not, i usually get up at 07:00 7 days a week being a lazy bum but i love to get up at 04:00 or earlier. will be doing this at least 5 days a week coming next september round abouts :smile:
Cheers Ed

Mummy3monkeys

Get out when you can. I had one miserable, wet cold ride I didn't enjoy much. Rode a couple of weeks later, but in dry, prob same temp. But I was warm once I set off and really enjoyed it. Planning to buy some thermals too. Not been able to get out this week, and won't get out next, missing it already :smile:

Top Bottom