Winter sadness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
:bicycle:New puppy should help :smile:
I exercise indoors, on a gym ball, kettle bells, hard work and probably easier just taking the bike out!
Or go to the pool, swimming a few lengths 3 x per week helps stop me getting any tubbier!
Might want to try the clip less pedals inside, just put saddle down and clip in out until you're fed up. Then you will be an expert when it's time to go outside. If you try any exercise you will keep your body ticking over nicely, Spring will soon be sprung ^_^ Best wishes.

Mrs M

Guru
Oops PS.
Mr M not golfed for a few weeks but still goes to club every Saturday for coffee and bacon roll, a catch up and a game of snooker.

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
I can cycle a fair old distance, but out running and I've stopped after about 500 yards!

A wee voice in my head keeps saying 'Stop . . . just stop .... STOP!!!! . . . this is sh*t!!!!!!!!'

I can't beat the voice.

young Ed

Veteran
I can cycle a fair old distance, but out running and I've stopped after about 500 yards!

A wee voice in my head keeps saying 'Stop . . . just stop .... STOP!!!! . . . this is sh*t!!!!!!!!'

I can't beat the voice.
fight the voice, no gain without pain as they say!
Cheers Ed

Running complements cycling fitness, if you have the option, obviously! Swimming is great too, if you have a gym membership.

I find it too expensive though, and I'd have to cycle there, so don't see the point, especially if riding in the rain. I'd just extend the ride... :smile: (may as well be swimming)

andyfraser

Über Member
If I go out for a walk or out on my bike, after 10 minutes I can just keep going for hours. After 10 minutes running I just want to go home. I used to be able to run miles when I was at school but it doesn't interest me now.

Billy Wizz

Über Member
I did 21 miles yesterday, before the winds got up loads of bikes out a great ride apart from annoying adjustments needed to the gears.

Thermal gear and under helmet made me nearly melt, i burnt more calories yesterday than most summer rides.

roll on spring.

clid61

Veteran
I used to run ,but since an accident in 1991 which left me with a drop foot I no longer do , however the cycling and swimming just about keep me ticking over ^_^

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
I can't always cycle when id like to in the winter due to the weather, darkness etc, so I walk instead for a mile or two just to get out and about. I find it really helps. And, you don't need any special gear to do it either :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom