Winter sleeping bag recommendations please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
RAB will clean any of their sleeping bags, get them PROPERLY dry and de-flock the down for £30. Bargin!

Also if they bugger it up you get a new bag. If you or a 3rd party bugger it up then you are stuck.

Down jackets and vests £20.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Fixed that for you

You're probably right, my confusion over British / German would have gotten me in a proper pickle about 100 years ago.

Hicky

Guru
Any recommended links to said Brit Army arctic bag?

On the subject of fleece liners, I saw some in Go Outddors the other day - they looked very bulky and I wasn't convinced that they would trap much warm air. Rather had the impression that I'd be better taking along an extra lightweight summer Coleman bag I have and putting that inside. Others views welcomed of course.

Depend what clothes you sleep in(or dont) as you have a warm surface again you rather than cold(large bags have cold areas which sometimes disturb (my)sleep), also it is easier to wash/dry a fleece liner(hygiene) than the whole bag if you are going to be using the bag for some time.

Google british army sleeping system(technically that means roll mat and gortex bivibag), for the money very robust warm bags but I wake myself up as I find them too big for me, if you dont use the stuffsack the packsize is huge.:thumbsdown:

Top Bottom