Winter Socks & Gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamesxyz

I'm after some good quality winter gloves & socks.

Have to be warm obviously and preferrably waterproof for the gloves. I get really really cold feet so socks have to be toasty warm! I also tend to put holes in socks due to odd shaped toes so they have to be hard wearing!!!!!

Anybody got recommendations?

Jonathan M

Socks, I use the Sealskinz merion lined version, =/- a thin Meraklon liner if it is really cold. Sometimes (cold dry days) I'll wear some knee length O'Neill socks + liner that I think are meant for skiing or snowboarding, but would use overshoes with those.

Gloves wise I've got some Pearl Izumi ones, claim to be waterproof but can't see how - thin leather palm and insulated back just does not seem to make a waterproof combo! Warm though, and are windproof. I'll use some really close fitting HH Lifa gloves (they are actually a womans large size) with these as well.

Its all about layers.....

gregster

T followed some advice on here and got two pairs of winter socks, pair of winter gloves and a winter top from Aldi. Not used them yet, gloves claim to be water and wind proof, socks are foot specific with lots of padding in the right area and the top feels nice and warm but will be adding layers under.

The gloves do feel a bit thick but for £4.99 I thought they were worth a punt. Socks were £2.99 a pair and the jacket was £14.99. Bargain and had lots of good comments from other users on here.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Bought some Altura waterproof gloves some time ago... this'll be their fourth winter, and they're as good as new... can't find exact pair right now online, but generally altura+waterproof gets my recommendation :biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
^ I owe me a fiver, I knew you were going to say that :smile:

I did order a pair and they feel very good and very well made, also got a pair of the Planet X Windproof ones from them for similar money and they were excellent for an early start on sunday, maybe a bit warm but the temp is dropping.

longers

Legendary Member
The Aldi gloves in store at the moment are fantastic value for money as well.

Noodley

longers said:
^ I owe me a fiver, I knew you were going to say that :rofl:

I'm going for the record for posting the same link in answer to the same question...maybe there is someone on the forum who has not seen it? :smile:

OP
OP
jamesxyz

jamesxyz

longers said:
^ I owe me a fiver, I knew you were going to say that :smile:

I did order a pair and they feel very good and very well made, also got a pair of the Planet X Windproof ones from them for similar money and they were excellent for an early start on sunday, maybe a bit warm but the temp is dropping.

The sealskinz or the enduras? Ribble only have big sizes left in the Endura

longers

Legendary Member
Endura, dunno how big your hands are but XL fit me fine.
Which is not much help to you really, unless I measure them later.

Top Bottom