Winter Tour to Northern Norway (Alta)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hope you see this as an unlogged-in 'lurker', WhodaBear!

Pity I didn't see this earlier as I have lived in Scandinavia for nigh on 20 years and am familiar with snow, the cold and winter cycling!

Seems some people who think cold weather is -20!

PM me if you like, for a civil and informed/unbiased reply!

Good luck whatever you choose to do.

Crankarm

Guru
Hang on a minute .............. Whodabear who has very few posts comes on here asking for opinions on what can only be generously described as a very risky trip he has got planned. The chap asked for opinions. It wasn't as if he was going cycle touring in the Lake District in May/June but was intending to embark on a cycle tour in a very inhospitable and life threatening environment. What did he think the responses would be? Either he is extremely niave, didn't really consider the likely responses he might receive or that having received responses he finds they don't meet with his expectations and doesn't like them.

Now forgive me for thinking this a little churlish or even spiteful to then post the final post that he did. The guy only has 12 posts, the majority of which were on this thread. So to say this guy will be missed, missed for what, I don't know? Entertainment value? Well at least he states that we have now put him off his cycling trip in Norway in deepest winter. We achieved something. It really was totally impractical and certain suicide. Maybe when he has been to Norway for medical training he referred to he will appreciate just what we were trying to tell him and come back on here to post a full apology to all including eating lots of humble pie in the process. Some how I won't hold my breath.

andyfromotley

whodabear, stop behaving like a sulky teenager! You are welcome on here and have livened T & E up no end. Your suggestion for an epic tour provoked some lively responses but if that has driven you from the forum then i think you are being tad over-sensitive. C'mon back wont you?

Jakey Rowling

Hang on a minute .............. Whodabear who has very few posts comes on here asking for opinions

Well I realise that I fall firmly in to the category of those who have 'very few posts' but I would like to point out that the OP did not come on here asking for opinions on his tour idea but rather came on to seek answers to six very specific questions. IMO he did receive some very good answers but unfortunately a number of people who didn't really have any answers to his questions decided they'd chip in with their opinions anyway...

Well I realise that I fall firmly in to the category of those who have 'very few posts' but I would like to point out that the OP did not come on here asking for opinions on his tour idea but rather came on to seek answers to six very specific questions. IMO he did receive some very good answers but unfortunately a number of people who didn't really have any answers to his questions decided they'd chip in with their opinions anyway...

WELCOME TO THE INTERNET:rolleyes:

Crankarm

Guru

:troll: .

Top Bottom