Women in cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Please accept my apologies, although I doubt you will.

Surely if you are intimidated then you just find a shop with female assistance.
Except, at least certainly around here, none of the high end shops have women shop staff around at all times the shop is open

vickster

Legendary Member
There is a girl in Halfords who is nice, don't know what her knowledge on bikes is like. I think Pearsons have one lass in the main shop in Sutton, but not in the pro shop where the roadbikes are. Corridori and Fudges, no women I have seen. Evans in Wimbledon, perhaps one or two

screenman

Legendary Member
How many of you women on this topic
No why would it be, plenty of women work in other shops? Except the one woman on staff can't cover a seven day week, 11 hour day as in the case of say Evans or Halfords. My point was at all times the shop is open

I said there, not other shops. Maybe females jut do not want to work in a cycle shop, do you?

How many of you women on this topic

I said there, not other shops. Maybe females jut do not want to work in a cycle shop, do you?
I personally would love to.

screenman

Legendary Member
The reaction to that kind of attitude depends very much on the self-confidence of the woman concerned. I would have no trouble explaining the error of his ways (and I'm guessing WD managed to do so as well! :thumbsup:).

But a newcomer to cycling, or one without (shock, horror) a male partner/friend along to 'supervise' could easily end up being sold the wrong kind of bike. Even if someone reads up about it, it is all too easy to be persuaded that you have misunderstood and that this, madam, is the bike you really want.:gun:

I think that is not just a female specific point.

Top Bottom