Women Specific: What Sports Bra?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JackJoff

Regular
A slight tangent, but if you've got a TK Maxx nearby it's usually worth a pop in - they often have sports bras mixed in with the normal bras (usually shock absorber, which luckily I get on well with), and it's a bit of a lottery of course whether they'll have your size/style but they are generally hugely discounted!
Most women have no clue what a bra size means, and they cling to the concept of a 'bra size'... You dont have a bra size. You have a 'Breast volume'.
I'm a guy, but unless you understand and acceot that a 34B is the same volume as a 32C, you probably need to learn a lot.
You also have a chest circumference.. Therefore you do have a bra size, it just so happens that the same cup size at different chest diameters doesn't have the same 'breast volume'.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Good luck with taming your "craggy tops" and your "rounder cairngorms". I'm almost in the same camp with moobs, sadly. Must lay off the scotch.

I'll butt out now !

For me, I always wear a sports bra when cycling - either one of two brands Shock Absorber or Panache Sport. It also makes a real difference if you are measured. I have just put this on my Facebook page - http://news.rigbyandpeller.co.uk/ - they may be a bit more expensive than Amazon but if there is one near you, their fitting service is excellent and I highly recommend it.

Just my opinion amongst many! Hope that helps.:wacko:

Mice :hello:

Shock Absorber hands down.. The running specific one is superb in terms of support. I use it when I run (obviously) but also when I go off road. The "High Impact" of the series is fine for road cycling.
Same as you, I'm a 32 DD, so I can feel your pain.. :becool:

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
For me, weight loss & bra shopping = frequent loss of $$$ (or £££) because bra size can change frequently.

similar issues here with the frequent changes caused by the adenoma...
going to try one of the shock absorber ones, but not sure how much hope I hold out - the ones that separate the breasts out can cause me issues becuase of size... they force the breasts out over the side of the chest, and inside of the tops of my arms then catch the breasts... annoying as .... so its a trade off, sweaty cleavage or bruised outsides...:ohmy:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
going to try one of the shock absorber ones, but not sure how much hope I hold out - the ones that separate the breasts out can cause me issues becuase of size... they force the breasts out over the side of the chest, and inside of the tops of my arms then catch the breasts... annoying as .... so its a trade off, sweaty cleavage or bruised outsides...:ohmy:

You would probably get on ok with the shock absorber type like Sportjock then. You can sort of arrange your boobs inside it until you are comfortable. Only downside I found is they are really hard to get off if you get really sweaty after hard exercise.

Trail Child

Two years ago, I had soft tissue sarcoma on my chest wall. The only thing that was comfortable until my surgery was wearing two full coverage sports bras at the same time. They weren't expensive ones either. I just got sick of buying new bras all the time.

naminder

You would probably get on ok with the shock absorber type like Sportjock then. You can sort of arrange your boobs inside it until you are comfortable. Only downside I found is they are really hard to get off if you get really sweaty after hard exercise.

The one I linked to, is the compression type, but has back clips, so no need to take off over your head.

annaspanna

[quote="SatNavSaysStraightOn, post: 2064825, member: now I'm on a road bike, the bra does not simply add to the clevage situation :eek:.
[/quote]

Have you tried the Shock Absorber Run bra? It's running specific so actually holds your chest DOWN as well as minimising movement. I use that one for both running and cycling and find it comfortable and reduces cleavage/keeps them out of the way. I'm a 34G at the moment so understand the support prob but I absolutely no probs with this one.

Each to their own at the end of the day tho!

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
OK - having purchased the Shock Absorber Ultimate run bra, anyone tell me if there is an easy way to get it on and off? that extra little clip seems to be a real pain and so far the only option I have come up with is to put it over the head wit the chest strap undone and fight big time with the chest strap, a dodgy left hand/fingers and try to get enough slack at the back to be able to do up the clasp behind my back at the height it is going to sit (which I can normally do but slightly lower down). Regrtefully my left hand does not have that kind of grasp or flexibilty after 11 operations on it. Put bluntly I have known (proper) corsets that are easier to get on and off!

help? clues or are they just difficult.

carolonabike

I know what you mean, I've just bought one for running and Linda at Start Fitness told me to leave the extra clip at the back fastened and just pull it over my head then fasten the main clip as normal. That works for me, I'm small but I can see if you are a bit larger it could be awkward. I don't think there is any easy way unfortunately, it's a compromise, if it's not tight you're not going to get the support.
It is brilliant once it's on mind.

Top Bottom