Women!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I can't understand my wife sometimes. Her son ( my stepson) is a very keen golfer and spends most of his spare time on the golf course. She is full of praises for him and shares his enthousiasm for the "sport". When I go cycling ( a proper sport) she never encourages me or have a good word to say about it. She says that men of my age ( 62) should not wear lycra as it looks ridiculous and still refers to me (when cycling) as a silly old fool!
I must admit that it does annoy me sometimes as I think she should be pleased that I am trying to keep some sort of fitness and have a hobby at the same time. I can't stand golf so it is not for me.
Apart from that, she is ok and a good woman, bless her!

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Sit next to her during Corrie, `Enders or Emmerdale and ask questions like...

"Who is that one?"

"Hadn't they used to be in the other one?"

"Oooh! Why did that one give the other one a dirty look?"

"Why does Deirdres neck move so much?"

"Why do the eastend gangster all talk like that... Mappets!?!?"

You will soon be encouraged to "Bugger off on that bleedin` bike". Perhaps not encouragement in the same context as the golfer, but you will be encouraged!

I can't understand my wife sometimes. Her son ( my stepson) is a very keen golfer and spends most of his spare time on the golf course. She is full of praises for him and shares his enthousiasm for the "sport". When I go cycling ( a proper sport) she never encourages me or have a good word to say about it. She says that men of my age ( 62) should not wear lycra as it looks ridiculous and still refers to me (when cycling) as a silly old foul!
I must admit that it does annoy me sometimes as I think she should be pleased that I am trying to keep some sort of fitness and have a hobby at the same time. I can't stand golf so it is not for me.
Apart from that, she is ok and a good woman, bless her!

apart from the fact that none of my kids play golf, it sounds like you are married to my misses.

I can't get my OH away from footie TV on a Sunday to come out with me. So I just go on my own, he's glad to see the back of me, I think!

How could you hope to understand Gav's wife if you have never met her? :laugh:
Who said I haven't ? :blush: :blush: :blush:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My wife can`t understand why i would want to ride at the weekend if i have commuted all week,bearing in mind me doing so lets her have the car.....
And in my twisted way of working out things golf is a game , not a sport .

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
My wife can`t understand why i would want to ride at the weekend if i have commuted all week,bearing in mind me doing so lets her have the car.....
And in my twisted way of working out things golf is a game , not a sport .
so in your twisted way of working out things what is football, rugby, hockey, netball they are all games, but are sports, the same as golf.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
At least recreational cycling has several goals, e.g. scenery, exercise. But golf? You hit a ball into a hole with a stick, then retrieve said ball and repeat :wacko:.

Top Bottom