Women!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
I would suggest poor training is playing a part here. My wife is trained to tell me to get out on the bike, the dearest is also the one that got annoyed with me when I would not buy a new bike last time we were in PlanetX

I reckonned if I ignored the first two letters of the title, I could have a good rant about men as well.

Could I get any enthusiasm from him this Friday, Saturday or Sunday to come out for a ride with me, that I knew he would end up enjoying but it seemed he was determind not to! Instead for some strange reason he wanted to go clothes shopping! As though 2 T shirts & 1 set of trousers is not enough to live in away from his work clothes!

:surrender:

DWiggy

Über Member
My wife absolutely HATE's my bike riding, she makes a point that commuting is "my time" and that should be enough (a 10 mile each way trip which takes 10mins longer than driving)!!! oh and i'm also selfish..?, she cannot understand why I would want to ride on the weekend (I work Sat Am till 12 and go for a 2-3 hour ride then) So in fact my cycling only encroaches on her time but the 2-3 hours a week.
she doesn't let me ride on a Sunday because thats "family time" , oh and her pet name for my bike is "That F@*#ing bike".

..The point i'm trying to make is...your not alone lol

Ciar

Veteran
I took up cycling again as a means to fitness and something i used to love, also I intend to commute into work eventually, been testing the route this weekend, sold my car and hers to replace with a nice new shiny one, which she uses mon-fri and weekends unless i need it, she loves me cycling she gets the car and takes daughter out swimming on the weekends and i go cycling..

the only time she gets the hump, is when i mention I fancy another bike!... she really doesnt understand my need for another bike, come on everyone knows you have 1 commuter/road which is my XC and another for off road ;-) I will be getting that in the next couple of months regardless, no doubt the bike will reside with me in the dog house!

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
My wife absolutely HATE's my bike riding, she makes a point that commuting is "my time" and that should be enough (a 10 mile each way trip which takes 10mins longer than driving)!!! oh and i'm also selfish..?, she cannot understand why I would want to ride on the weekend (I work Sat Am till 12 and go for a 2-3 hour ride then) So in fact my cycling only encroaches on her time but the 2-3 hours a week.
she doesn't let me ride on a Sunday because thats "family time" , oh and her pet name for my bike is "That F@*#ing bike".

And you stay with her because...?

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...

Can anyone define when your " my time" is, doesn't it then become too much like being at work...

The selfishness of some of your species certainly will be remarked upon when the mother ship returns to pick me up...

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
so in your twisted way of working out things what is football, rugby, hockey, netball they are all games, but are sports, the same as golf.
?
Sorry i do not follow i said golf was a game not a sport .
My personal criteria being the event in particular relies more on skill rather than physical effort so rugby,hockey and net ball would although they have skill to play means they are exerting themselves to do so at the same time so i would call them a sport .Football is just a load of people kicking a bag of air about so is classified under "can i watch paint dry instead ? "

Top Bottom