Womens bike frame geometry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Discussing bike fit issues a friend suggested that someone with my measurements of short body with long legs could be more suited to a womens geometry frame.

Any other male riders tried this?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
worth a try. the whole thing about men’s and women’s bikes/setup is as much about marketing as anything else. you can make any frame, within reason, fit a man or woman by changing the length of stems and cranks plus, of course, an anatomically correct saddle.

oddly giant, that pioneered that approach, now has a line of women’s bikes - liv

mustang1

Guru
Idk anyone who has by to have to say I really like the colours on some of the "women" bikes like on the Giant Liv brand.

Ps: I hate that you have road bike, audacity bike, endurance bike, and woman bike. I mean, woman what bike, road, endurance or what?

EDIT: I have been corrected. I did not realize (actually, I had forgotten) that Giant are one of the few brands who cater extensively for women's road bikes having a few different geometry options. (thanks for the correction @vickster and @jeffmcg).

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Idk anyone who has by to have to say I really like the colours on some of the "women" bikes like on the Giant Live brand.

Ps: I hate that you have road bike, audacity bike, endurance bike, and woman bike. I mean, woman what bike, road, endurance or what?
Huh??

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
A friend of mine likes her "Ruby", but did roll her eyes at the name (it's the female-specific version of the "Roubaix").

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Idk anyone who has by to have to say I really like the colours on some of the "women" bikes like on the Giant Live brand.

I’m confused but quite fancy riding an ‘Audacity bike’ :smile:

mustang1

Guru
So on some websites, it shows the following types of road bike:
Race
Endurance
Women's

It makes me wonder if there is a women's race and a womens endurance version. It's like the men have more choice in bikes and I would like women should have a choice in bikes.

Edit typo

vickster

Legendary Member
So on some websites, it shows the following types of road bike:
Race
Endurance
Women's

It makes me wonder if there is a women's race and a womens endurance version. It's like the men have more choice in bikes and I would like women should have a choice in bikes.

Edit typo
Yes there are too, eg Giant do the Liv Avail and Envie (although think that’s carbon only)

Where there is a potential gap is for CX or gravel bikes aimed at women if you’re looking to invest

It is probably still the case that more men than women buy bikes hence there’s more choice (ergo there are more shoe styles for women than men, except Cycling shoes for the reason above)

And there are plenty of women who buy ‘men’s’ bikes ;) perhaps they should all be rebranded as ‘unisex’ ;)

Julia9054

Guru
When i was looking for a cx bike 3 years ago, the Liv Giant was the only women's specific one in existence. The spec was entry level only - unlike the choice for men - and it was pink and white. Ludicrous colour choice for a bike that is supposed to be ridden through mud. I ended up with a Specialized Diverge (men's bike) and not quite the model i wanted because it took the shop weeks to hunt down the only extra small in existence.

Top Bottom