Womens Cycle Clothing....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beepbeep

Is it just me or do the cycle clothing manufacturers make better looking women cycle gear than the mens ?

They seem to be brighter colours and more colour ways.

Unless you opt for full team kit ( not for me ) mens seem to be hi viz yellow, black. red.blue etc and the odd really jazzy colours that would blind someone at 100 yards..

I was in my LBS the other day . They are a giant /LIV dealer and asked the same question. The lad said it was surprising how many Guys bought LIV Jerseys this summer stating the mens stuff was boring !He has fed that back to LIV/Giant due to the amount of womens kit men are purchasing.

I have a couple of Stolen Goat / Ale' Jerseys with a ''hint'' of Pink as my wife calls it....

Stolen Goat manufacture mens Pink Trim bib shorts but not the matching jersey ( the women's Bibs are identical to the mens ) I raised this with Stolen goat to enquire what they make a mens pink shorts but dont make a mens pink trim jersey and they said '' we never thought of that ''

So I bought mens Pink trim Bibs and womens jersey . I had to go up a couple of sizes but it fits great and looks good with the short sand Rapha Pink Socks in the summer.

The kit from Primal looks great too but looks really small fit.

Any thoughts ?

( ps - this is not a thread about cross dressing - so serious comments please )

mgs315

Yep I’d agree, I usually prefer the look of a lot of women’s items and end up being a little disappointed with my eventual choice and wished for more options.

Also tend to find you can pick up some decent deals on end of line women’s items too, such as the sealskinz gloves I picked up. Large women’s size were perfect and they were reduced to clear at about 70% off.

OP
OP
beepbeep

beepbeep

agree...I have several pairs of very thin Water repellent running tights that are ideal for stuffing into the jersey pockets when out for a ride and its a bit showery. I also have several pairs of women's gloves as my wife says I have girly hands and tend to get them cheaper in the sales.ALL my cycle socks are womens as I have narrow feet and again the pries tend to be cheaper at clearance time.
ASSOS once made UNISEX bib shorts but have stopped making them. There is also the all time question of Chamois pads being different for men/women but I have two pairs of womens ALe' bibs which fit great ...They are shorter in the in-seam but cause no dramas with chamois position. The pad is larger in the bum area which suits me fine.
Mens ale' -- £120 ... Womens ale'- £45 !! No brainer.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Off topic, but what are your thoughts on Stolen Goat’s pads in their shorts and tights?

I like SG kit, but don’t understand why they don’t show pictures or discuss the chamois. For that reason, I have never bought any.
SG are very responsive. Why not just ask them? I’m sure they’d value the feedback

vickster

Legendary Member
Chapeau do nice kit in varied colours, my only pink jersey is a men’s one

You must be small if Ale women jerseys fit you, they are microscopic

OP
OP
beepbeep

beepbeep

Chapeau do nice kit in varied colours, my only pink jersey is a men’s one

You must be small if Ale women jerseys fit you, they are microscopic
Bought two last year in Italy , near Bologna....Got the largest they had in the shop..XXL and they are just about equivalent to a mens large...which is ok for me ..The sleeves are slightly shorter but as they have been washed many times since they seem to have stretched more and the fit is ok now Got some funny looks from the sales guy at first ...he kept telling me I had the wrong jersey on..over and over again :smile:

OP
OP
beepbeep

beepbeep

Off topic, but what are your thoughts on Stolen Goat’s pads in their shorts and tights?

I like SG kit, but don’t understand why they don’t show pictures or discuss the chamois. For that reason, I have never bought any.
They are ok but in my opinion not as good as CASTELLI Progetto Pad. Ok for about 4/5 hrs riding .

OP
OP
beepbeep

beepbeep

selling now on wiggle...buy / try and send back if not happy...thats what I did

Top Bottom