Women's saddle position question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
@Sara_H says she has a Brompton, so seat height will be slightly different every time she unfolds it!
From my own perspective, as a mere male Brompton owner, Whenever I unfold my Brommy, I set the saddle height level with my hip bone and that works well for me - ! :thumbsup: What NOT to do is start scoring marks in the seatpin; best way to weaken it. :thumbsdown:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
It's a plastic insert with a hook thing. You cut the insert to the correct length then remove the seatpost and fit it again with the plastic insert around the post. The hook part fits into a slot.

Even having fitted it I don't know how it works but mine's been in for over a year and it works perfectly. Pull the seat post up and the insert stops it going any further than I need. Great for dark, wet nights when you don't want to be looking for marks on the seatpost and just want to be on the bike as quickly as possible.

Having watched the brompton factory TV programme where they installed the seat post I think I understand this now. I'll have a look at the brommie tomorrow. That said I pretty much have it full stretch anyway

Top Bottom