women's saddles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cadleigh

A friend of mine has just bought a new bike and is suffering a bit after her first ride, of 40km. It doesn't help that she didn't wear cycling shorts, but she said she's "walking like a cowboy" at the moment. Obviously she'll toughen up, but she's looking for a women-specific saddle.

I pointed her in the direction of a Sella Italia Genuine Gel model with the cut-out to protect her special little places.

But are there any other recommendations from the womenfolk (or has anyone had a bad experience with those)?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
There is a thread running in beginners at the moment on that topic:
http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=19574

trio25

Über Member
Specilized Jett! But what works for me might not work for her.

Amongst my friends a lot of the girls use this saddle if they do a lot of miles, the ones who ride more leisurely find the models lower down the spesh range comfier. Buts shorts will make an even bigger difference!

trio25

Über Member
Whereas I had a racelight and hated it. Maybe ask around any girls you know if she could try their saddles?

I have one of those gel italia with the cut out then i put on one of those gel cushoned seats ontop of that (Oh so comfotorble). Check if your friend needs to move her seat further forwards or backwards as when i first started out i was doing the john wayne but moving the seat and changing saddle did the trick.

OP
OP
cadleigh

cadleigh

Thanks, everyone. One person's comfy haven is another's perpetual pummelling device, so I've just passed on the traditional advice: keep trying until you find one you like...

Top Bottom